Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Thought Dele was mostly not great on Thursday and I probably wouldn't play him at all vs Woolwich. Few bright moments but didn't look on it, start again in the away fixture vs Zagreb.

There's still a player in there with Alli. I think he's one of those frustrating players that needs to feel loved and needed to produce regularly. We have to see him as a "moments" sort of player. Like Fernandes at United. He's usually pretty crap for them in plenty of games, giving the ball away time and again. But he'll then do a little bit of magic, be it a goal or an assist, and everyone remembers the stat more than the overall performance, that he played a big part in them winning the game.

We have to see him as a "moments" sort of player. But he'll then do a little bit of magic, be it a goal or an assist, and everyone remembers the stat more than the overall performance, that he played a big part in them winning the game.
I was just thinking the same thing. 👍
Back heel to Harry for "that" goal v Arse.
I can't remember the game when he kept the ball in touch on the left...

I was just thinking the same thing. 👍
Back heel to Harry for "that" goal v Arse.
I can't remember the game when he kept the ball in touch on the left...

Luis Garcia at Liverpool also springs to mind. Completely different type of player, but someone who could often look bang average but then would produce something from nothing just as you were about to rant about how he gets in any decent side. Alli is never going to be the type of player that will be brilliant for 90 minutes, or at least once in a blue moon. But he is someone who can be on the periphery of a game and then do something many others couldn't.

Levy that 80m plus price tag is never coming back stop dreaming. Move on and invest in somebody that wants to play football.
Party boy who has took his eye off the ball.
One paced who thinks he is better than he actually is.
He has lost that devil in him that he had when he first arrived.
Southgate saw it long before Poch realised he was declining.

Levy Get what you can for him and move on
I’m sure Poch @PSG will take him and will make him great again but under Mourinho @ Spurs all that’s happening with this party boy is his values going down and his attitude and application stinks

Another incredible display.
Fucking tired of him.

Need to sell now before his star falls even further. Was never the quickest but appears to be slower than ever so that now even if he makes a yard of space for himself it is quickly closed down or a defender catches up with him. He is also very easy to beat because of this lack of pace. Has lost his sharpness as well which used to combat his lack of pace somewhat. At the moment he is a liability and doesn’t bring anything to the team

Was willing to be patient with him given his previous form but hasnt been good for 2-3 years now.

Also seems to have absolutely no power when he strikes the ball.
Get rid in the summer, probably best for him & the club at this point.

Doesn't do anything like he used to anymore. Scored that overhead due to an initial shit first touch. Rarely runs beyond,loses possession the list is endless. Football has become so low on his priorities he's forgotten how to play and doesn't even try to rectify it. The moment southgate dropped him he should of seen the signs and upped his desire and game. The moment there was no response from him to losing his england place was the moment I/we deep down knew it was over for him.

Seems I'm going to take a big fat L on Dele, but sentimentality can only take you so far. Still think he's a unique player in his way, but his physical decline more than anything is alarming. Probably needs a fresh start somewhere else, hopefully somebody will offer decent money.

Re. Winks, Dele, Sissoko, Dier I get the feeling Levy thinks highly of them and will believe in a new managers ability to get a tune out of them. As important as changing our manager is cleansing our squad, removing the parts grown stale. Hopefully he sees sense.

Seems I'm going to take a big fat L on Dele, but sentimentality can only take you so far. Still think he's a unique player in his way, but his physical decline more than anything is alarming. Probably needs a fresh start somewhere else, hopefully somebody will offer decent money.

Re. Winks, Dele, Sissoko, Dier I get the feeling Levy thinks highly of them and will believe in a new managers ability to get a tune out of them. As important as changing our manager is cleansing our squad, removing the parts grown stale. Hopefully he sees sense.
God I will really struggle to deal with another 3-4 years of those players at this club.

I sincerely hope whoever comes in gets them out the door first. Fuck off Levy they are all shit!

Tbf he probably does still cling to the fact he could have sold Winks for 40, Dier for 50, Dele for 80 at one point or another. Doesn't explain why Sissoko is still around though...

Back
Top Bottom