Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yes let the hate flow through mate, perfectly normal way to talk about about a player that has 'regressed'

Did your face turn a shade of puce whilst you typed that by any chance?
And now you suggest I'm some Brexit Bob when I just told you I'm AA. Insulting on 2 levels.

I had my suspicions about you as a know-nothing douchebag the first time I read your posts. Thanks for confiming. Goodbye.

"A deal of around 40m would be" dreaming "from our perspective".

Never thought him a talent. Always viewed him as deficient and hoped we'd bring someone in that could reliably trap a ball...or reliably kick it...or reliably do anything for a consistent 90 minutes. Moments of 'magic' aren't my thing.
I think our tendency is to devalue him more than the actual market will do.

Glad I'm not the only one annoyed by that.

And he can't even pronounce Vettel correctly.
How is it pronounced "correctly"? Phonetically s it Wettel or Fettel? On the broadcasts they pronounce it as it's spelled.

And I 'unignored' Bazali to see what you were referring to and I see it's the "H" issue. I recently had the thought of you guys dropping your Hs yet when players call Harry by his nickname they say Haitch...but aitch has no H. So I guess it's not an issue of you dropping Hs but misplacing them? :pochlol:

What is suspect about it?

He is a frustrating player to watch, a guy that continues to get tons of chances despite not deserving it and a guy many see as having value to sell and bring in player/s that actually help the team.

I would say that him having a very vocal group of supporters that ignore what he brings and talks about the glory years (hmmm why does that sound familiar?) makes it even more annoying. Now that is obviously not Dele's fault but still contributes to people not liking him.

I also think his clear lack of desire to work hard or care about football doesn't help either.

Not rating him isn't what's suspect it's the aggression that some people exhibit in doing so that raises the eyebrow.

I agree with you, Bazali, but I don´t think Levy will. What I´m saying - and I could be wrong - is that Poch and PSG could come with a better offer than that.
Hopefully you’re right

A move might do him good and sounds like the best one for him as long as Levy doesn’t block it

No idea how long his contract is but I don’t think he’s going to regain his form with us now and I have no issues with him going elsewhere

Dele was shit prior to Mou coming. Makes it pretty easy to pin the tail on this donkey. If you've got a problem identifying Dele's deficiencies as a player then might I suggest you actually pay attention to his play during games...not just the high moments but the whole shebang. He's an awful footballer that lacks the very basic footballing skills. He is limited and it is sad that folks would like to be doing what we did 5 years ago. It's time to move on and going forward it would be a shame for this player to be a mainstay in our team.

And half the players are shit and they were identified as shit/lesser/not up to snuff prior to our relative fall with Poch. Some predicted the fall because of this underlying dearth of quality in th team...and those people are sharp as tacks. The manager at the time knew it too. It's time for you and supporters of your ilk to also give it a break.
I don't actually buy this there' shit and have been for ages narrative. The truth of Spurs decline and Liverpool's lies in the requirements of Klopp and Pochettino. Dele Alli's hammys are shot, played too much football too young. Then in a team so high octane it burns out the individual. At this point the lack of technical ability is badly exposed.

The list of players pressed into flatness is striking. Then you pick up injuries. There's a shelf life in the attrition like way these coaches favour, that means mass rotation or a squad rebuild after three years . Neither did the rebuild,watch what happens at Liverpool.

Eriksen
Dele
Lallana
Sissoko
TAA
Ox
Henderson
Dembele
Robertson
Firminho
Signs of wear evident in
Kane Salah Mane.

Last edited:
Hopefully you’re right

A move might do him good and sounds like the best one for him as long as Levy doesn’t block it

No idea how long his contract is but I don’t think he’s going to regain his form with us now and I have no issues with him going elsewhere

Contract expires: Jun 30, 2024. We´re "in control".

I don't actually buy this there shit and have been for ages narrative. The truth of Spurs decline and Liverpool's lies in the requirements of Klopp and Pochettino. Dele Alli's hammy are shot played too much football too young. Then in a team so high octane it burns out the individual. At this point the lack of technical ability is badly exposed. The list of players pressed into flatness is striking. Then you pick up injuries. There's a shelf life in the attrition like way they play that means mass rotation or a squad rebuild after three years neither did watch what happens at Liverpool.

Eriksen
Dele
Lallana
Sissoko
TAA
Ox
Henderson
Dembele
Robertson
Firminho
Signs of wear evident in
Kane Salah Mane.
good point :)

I don't actually buy this there shit and have been for ages narrative. The truth of Spurs decline and Liverpool's lies in the requirements of Klopp and Pochettino. Dele Alli's hammy are shot played too much football too young. Then in a team so high octane it burns out the individual. At this point the lack of technical ability is badly exposed. The list of players pressed into flatness is striking. Then you pick up injuries. There's a shelf life in the attrition like way they play that means mass rotation or a squad rebuild after three years neither did watch what happens at Liverpool.

Eriksen
Dele
Lallana
Sissoko
TAA
Ox
Henderson
Dembele
Robertson
Firminho
Signs of wear evident in
Kane Salah Mane.

What is Liverpools decline?

This year where they are still in the CL and lower in the PL because they lost their 3 top CB's?

I don't quite get people trying to tie Liverpools decline to Klopp's style. I think they are easily top 4 without injuries to VVD and Gomez and I am not sure how that relates to the style they play.

Firmino is the one of the front 3 that has fallen off and that doesn't really seem due to him physically taking a step back. Salah and Mane look fine to me so far this year.

Back
Top Bottom