Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Spurs fans need a reality check. BVB model doesn’t prevent you from remaining competitive. In England Leicester are doing it and Liverpool basically employed it up until Jan 2019.

I'm certainly not against it.....

Caveat being it'll only work for so many clubs in the EPL at once given the grail that is CL qualification....

It's a bit different for BVB (and formerly Monaco) as their domestic standing means that a) CL qualification is virtually a given anyway and b) these young starlets get to play CL each year before the rich clubs come knocking.... Which entices them to the likes of BVB in the first place.

Plus, with Top 6 english clubs rarely doing business with each other anyway; the likes of BVB are able to scoop up the likes of Sancho & Bellingham and afford them the chance to grow without (the clubs succumbing to) the pressures of a top 6-4 dog-fight.

I'm certainly not against it.....

Caveat being it'll only work for so many clubs in the EPL at once given the grail that is CL qualification....

It's a bit different for BVB (and formerly Monaco) as their domestic standing means that a) CL qualification is virtually a given anyway and b) these young starlets get to play CL each year before the rich clubs come knocking.... Which entices them to the likes of BVB in the first place.

Plus, with Top 6 english clubs rarely doing business with each other anyway; the likes of BVB are able to scoop up the likes of Sancho & Bellingham and afford them the chance to grow without (the clubs succumbing to) the pressures of a top 6-4 dog-fight.
Btw I don’t think we should follow that model forever, but the club is in such a state that we should able aggressively using it for now.

The 16-19 team didn’t have a single “huge” signing IIRC.

Btw I don’t think we should follow that model forever, but the club is in such a state that we should able aggressively using it for now.

The 16-19 team didn’t have a single “huge” signing IIRC.

Well it's largely how we put put in place the squads that both Redknapp & Poch ran with.......

The hindsight criticism from some quarters is that we didn't have a sell-off between 18-20.

How many times do you suggest one should run the BVB-cycle before acting like a big-boy and strive to keep your peaking players...... In terms of fan rhetoric we're seemingly damned if we do and damned if we don't.

As I said before break up Poch's team as they're all starting to peak = riots.

As I also said before, I'm not against it; but I became less and less comfortable with the idea of selling that batch off as our recruitment had become so unreliable..... Still is tbf(*).

(*Bigger problem than our spending levels IMO.)

Apart from the assist, I thought he gave the ball away quite a bit, and didn't look particularly robust when challenged. I miss the 'nasty' Dele, he's not the same player since that seems to have been coached out of him.

Not sure really how some of you judge football performances. Dele has been good this season.

He has played a different role as a box to box in a midfield 3, with a focus on defensive duties. With Lo Celso and Ndombele back available again, this should allow Dele to play further up the pitch, to use his movement to create space for Son and Kane.

If Dele is in and around the box; he will get goals.

Not sure really how some of you judge football performances. Dele has been good this season.

He has played a different role as a box to box in a midfield 3, with a focus on defensive duties. With Lo Celso and Ndombele back available again, this should allow Dele to play further up the pitch, to use his movement to create space for Son and Kane.

If Dele is in and around the box; he will get goals.
Differently to you that’s for sure

Dozen or so games?

Last season, when Dele was 'Crap' he manged a goal or assist every 160 minutes.
Did you make those stats up?!
He played 15 Premier League matches in 20/21 getting 1 assist and yes you guessed it (or probably didn’t!) 0 goals!
In the Europa league he scored 3 times in 10 matches which looks better- until you realise 2 were penalties against Macabi Haifa and Lask and the other a goal against the might Wolfsberger!
Certainly not the rosey picture you are trying to paint is it?

Last edited:
Did you make those stats up?!
He played 15 Premier League matches in 20/21 getting 1 assist and yes you guessed it (or probably didn’t!) 0 goals!
In the Europa league he scored 3 times in 10 matches which looks better- until you realise 2 were penalties against Macabi Haifa and Lask and the other a goal against the might Wolfsberger!
Certainly not the rosey picture you are trying to paint is it?

Sorry, I didn't realise goals in Europe 'Don't count'.

At the end of the day, he barely played over the previous 2 seasons; but when he did he got a goal or an assist every 2 games.

Lo Celso will be lucky to get a goal or an assist every 30 games.

At the end of the day, he barely played over the previous 2 seasons; but when he did he got a goal or an assist every 2 games.

We are not talking about Lo Celso. We are talking about your use of questionable stats to paint an inaccurate picture of how Ali did last season. Take the 2 penalties out ( the only reason he took them was because Kane and Bale had already been substituted) and he had 1 goal and 1 assist in 27 matches so stop spouting nonsense

We are not talking about Lo Celso. We are talking about your use of questionable stats to paint an inaccurate picture of how Ali did last season. Take the 2 penalties out ( the only reason he took them was because Kane and Bale had already been substituted) and he had 1 goal and 1 assist in 27 matches so stop spouting nonsense
dele-dele-alli.gif

He played 2nd level competition, cause he was not deemed good enough to play in main competitions.

You can't just use goals against likes of Wolfsberger and then come to conclusion that he is good enough for Spurs level.

It is all cool and funny to shit on Lo Celso cause he is Argentininan and has not lived up to expectations, but for example against Chelsea he put Sonny through for superb opportunity that Son did not use unfortunately. And purely in EPL he has played 49 times, scored 1 and assited 3. Obviously not good enough return, but 50/4 = 12,5 which is quite far off from 30 ... but hey, facts and context are vastly overrated, aren't they?

Back
Top Bottom