Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You folks are back judging Dele before the game is even done. There's still 5 minutes to go. that means the running stats aren't fully compiled yet. Plus, you have to remember he's being utilized differently. I can post some videos to explain it if you need. But that makes all the difference. When you understand that really, really, really difficult aspect then you will see that he's playing at a world class level and he's on the cusp of a breakout season.

Like with the previous manager, if/once he falls out of favour, it'll be hard for him to get bad into the team.

He's worked hard this season, was one of our better players in the first few matches, but if he's not added goals and assists in a team already struggling to score goals, we can't afford to start him most matches.

Another useless game from him, but I am sure his apologists will find one tackle he made to latch onto to try and pretend he had a good game.

The funny thing about this player is that he's probably still wondering why he is now shit just like his apologists can't figure it out. Neither can understand his fall from grace and we get a lot of suggestions as to why it's all gone wrong...in fact, a new one each week along with a new theory as to how to get him back to his best.

The truth of the matter is he's never been a good footballer. He's scored goals and been productive in a functional team where time and space was provided for him and for the most part had a free role beyond that. But as a footbaler he was still under-cooked. I challenge anyone to go back and watch a game from the Poch era where Dele was supposedly good. Focus on him for the whole 90 and see what you see. You will see that there was never really much there in this player and that is what we (I say we but some are still not seeing it) are seeing now.

Back
Top Bottom