Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I love how much he’s matured, rather than risking getting himself in trouble he now winds up the opposition, wastes time, kills the game but stays out of trouble.

I think both he and the coaching staff deserve huge praise for this part of his game and make up. He could have been another Ravel Morrison but he's shown so much desire to become the man and player he can be without the shit surrounding him that he deserves so much recognition for doing so, the same goes for those surrounding him both inside and outside the club.

Well done Del Boy, absolutely love having you as a part of my club

When he pretended he didn’t hear the whistle, and jogged on with the ball, round the keeper and let it trickle into the net......then calmly stood there looking at a hysterical Xhaka pulling his shirt neck and pushing him.

Genius wind up, and comes out looking like the winner he is. Worthy yellow and hilarious .

When he pretended he didn’t hear the whistle, and jogged on with the ball, round the keeper and let it trickle into the net......then calmly stood there looking at a hysterical Xhaka pulling his shirt neck and pushing him.

Genius wind up, and comes out looking like the winner he is. Worthy yellow and hilarious .
That was beautiful.

I think both he and the coaching staff deserve huge praise for this part of his game and make up. He could have been another Ravel Morrison but he's shown so much desire to become the man and player he can be without the shit surrounding him that he deserves so much recognition for doing so, the same goes for those surrounding him both inside and outside the club.

Well done Del Boy, absolutely love having you as a part of my club

I agree with everything you say apart from the Ravel Morrison comparison. That guy has done nothing to justify the hype and obviously got given too much too quick.

Dele stated at MK playing against professional players whilst only a teenager. It's a completely different career trajectory.

I agree with everything you say apart from the Ravel Morrison comparison. That guy has done nothing to justify the hype and obviously got given too much too quick.

Dele stated at MK playing against professional players whilst only a teenager. It's a completely different career trajectory.

Agreed but Ravel clearly had talent and hrew it away because he had a chip on his shoulder. Dele has had a different path but one where he could have let the bad boy image taint him.

I've heard people, ex professionals call him things like a disgrace or a real nasty piece of work etc and it really isn't justified, I think the family that took him in and kept him on the straight and narrow should take huge credit not only for Deles career so far but for the part they played as humans towards another in certain need.

Either way I love having Del at our club, he's such a special footballer and that goal last night was a little bit like one I'd expect players like Berbatov to score. I put him in that bracket ability wise I love a silky cocksure footballer & Deles one of them

It is the way that he passes the ball so quickly after receiving it that is so good. No need to get it under control and let the opposition block him, but just picks out the best pass and sends the ball accurately and at the right speed in one movement.

Dele is an incredible person. One his haters could learn a lot from.

Gone are the days when he’ll stamp on your leg, and more power to him because it’s winding people up even more that he just walks off.

People may say we are developing a victim mentality but can you actually imagine if he played for Liverpool or City? It would be gagging bjs in the press everyday.

One thing that makes him twice the man he is, is the fact he came through a poor spell, where his form and self belief took a pasting, and worked through it, grew up, and found out how to not get found out..

We all know he wasn’t playing like this a year ago, and it’s only a discredit to him to claim otherwise.

The goals & his reaction to the cunt lobbing the bottle aside, that was the most entertaining part of the game for me. It was a beautifully executed dark art that sent Xhaka over the edge.
And the nonchalant “fuck off you cunt” stare at that prick was a joy to behold.
:allitongue:

Great game - initially I was so in awe by Kane's assist, that I didn't give the finish enough credit. But have watched it back since.

Bit annoyed, that Xhaka didn't get a yellow for grabbing his shirt though - but unlike a couple of years ago when I'd have been bricking it, thinking Dele might do something silly in retaliation, I was completely calm this time, knowing that he's got past that phase. Credit to him for working on it.

He seems a geniune lovely bloke (as do all our lads tbh) but I love the drive and determination he has, and how he doesn't appear to be an out and out ruffian like say a Diego Costa type, but he is just as snide and uses it in the correct way now.

I love them all to be honest, it's a pleasure seeing our team mature and go from strength to strength. Beautiful.

Back
Top Bottom