Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Great game - initially I was so in awe by Kane's assist, that I didn't give the finish enough credit. But have watched it back since.

Bit annoyed, that Xhaka didn't get a yellow for grabbing his shirt though - but unlike a couple of years ago when I'd have been bricking it, thinking Dele might do something silly in retaliation, I was completely calm this time, knowing that he's got past that phase. Credit to him for working on it.
Equally don't think H's assist has got enough credit, obviously due to the sheer class of the finish, but considering, by all accounts he'd not been feeling well, had been on the pitch about 30 seconds..to bring that ball under that much control with his chest..next touch killed it on the ground and took it away from any potential challenge and then through ball to perfection.. sensational! When I saw it back on the replay... 1,2,3 wow!!

Equally don't think H's assist has got enough credit, obviously due to the sheer class of the finish, but considering, by all accounts he'd not been feeling well, had been on the pitch about 30 seconds..to bring that ball under that much control with his chest..next touch killed it on the ground and took it away from any potential challenge and then through ball to perfection.. sensational! When I saw it back on the replay... 1,2,3 wow!!

Just back from the Harry Kane thread - He's just getting the usual credit about him being amazing and trolling Piers Morgan.

Just back from the Harry Kane thread - He's just getting the usual credit about him being amazing and trolling Piers Morgan.
Ironic that there are not enough superlatives for Harry and not enough derogatory words for moron truly polar opposites of the human race.

Very impressed and proud at Dele's reaction to being clouted with the water bottle... no immediate tumbling to the ground clutching face and writhing around as if in the worst kind of pain, no ten minute lying prone on grass whilst having 'wound' attended to by physio, no appearing before TV cameras and making huge point of the assault and soliciting sympathy and attention. Makes divers and deceivers that proliferate the game look very foolish.

Very impressed and proud at Dele's reaction to being clouted with the water bottle... no immediate tumbling to the ground clutching face and writhing around as if in the worst kind of pain, no ten minute lying prone on grass whilst having 'wound' attended to by physio, no appearing before TV cameras and making huge point of the assault and soliciting sympathy and attention. Makes divers and deceivers that proliferate the game look very foolish.
Especially as a player that is generally considered a "diver" himself by the oppossing fans and media. Won't know what to do now

Good on him for not over-reacting/rolling around on the floor after being hit by the bottle. I think it was Alan Smith getting all annoyed with him doing the 2-0 gesture on the commentary, which was also lovely.

The finish for his goal was typical of him, he does things in games that other people rarely even try in training, to go through one on one and just dink it with the outside of your boot with such nonchalance was peak Dele.

The replies to this.... :deledoubt:

Not going to open it.

But I assume it involves

"What has he won!?"

"What trophies does that win him!?"

PFA-Awards-2017-Grosvenor-House-Hotel.jpg

Ut_HKthATH4eww8X4xMDoxOjBzMTt2bJ

Was really impressed with him last night and this season. He look slike he has matured more this season so far.

I also love the fact that when Kane is rested (although obviously on for the assist) like last night and Leicester he has stepped up and produced his best performances.

Back
Top Bottom