Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Have you even read this?

Tactical Periodisation isn't a fucking drill, it's a holistic approach, a philosophy.

Could you point to the element that focuses on the attacking drills? Rather than the defensive one that Terry details, ta.

A bit more about it:

What this article also confirms is yet another quote from a player of his that not only ties into Tactical Periodisation, it also gives real meaning to how it translates onto the pitch and confirms to a tee what I was explaining about attacking drills.

Last season Eden Hazard observed that the main difference between José Mourinho and Antonio Conte was that Mourinho does not practise “automisations”. He does not have players practise set moves they can perform almost unconsciously that can be deployed at great pace when the situation demands. He organises his defence and leaves his forwards to improvise. That has been taken by some as evidence that Mourinho is no longer at the forefront of coaching – and perhaps it is – but it is also a detail that explains his entire methodology.

Last edited:
Have you even read this?

Tactical Periodisation isn't a fucking drill, it's a holistic approach, a philosophy.

Could you point to the element that focuses on the attacking drills? Rather than the defensive one that Terry details, ta.

A bit more about it:

What this article also confirms is yet another quote from a player of his that not only ties into Tactical Periodisation, it also gives real meaning to how it translates onto the pitch and confirms to a tee what I was explaining about attacking drills.

Last season Eden Hazard observed that the main difference between José Mourinho and Antonio Conte was that Mourinho does not practise “automisations”. He does not have players practise set moves they can perform almost unconsciously that can be deployed at great pace when the situation demands. He organises his defence and leaves his forwards to improvise. That has been taken by some as evidence that Mourinho is no longer at the forefront of coaching – and perhaps it is – but it is also a detail that explains his entire methodology.

so he lets his top players be creative.

Amazon product ASIN 0956675298Now pay the charity a score as agreed . You have been proven wrong but don't let it worry you I'm the guvenor on here and control things so pay up and jog on son.
I have provided what you wanted:
1. Details from players specifically claiming he lets his attacking players play with instinct and not to set patterns (The Madrid squad, Hazard, Pogba).
2. I've shown you exerts of award-winning journalists writing about this (Jonathan Wilson, Jack Pitt-Brook & Diego Torres, let's also add Marcus Parekh piece that you yourself posted on his tactical philosophy as it details and confirms his approach).

That book is "analysis" of Mourinho's Madrid side, where the author has then created his own drills following what he watched! Just how fucking thick are you?

I've given you the link to my charity, now be a man and pay up. I and many reading your shite over the last couple of pages will absolutely know that you will not.

Guido 🇺🇦 Guido 🇺🇦 , irrespective of any bickering you've got going on with our resident knuckle-dragging homophobe

Airfixx: "I'd like to see Dele do more shooting practice"
Guido:"Jose doesn't do attacking drills, NEVER has!!"

:mourcry:
That's individual mate, just shooting practice. It's NOT having the team work on phases, overloads, pressing triggers, counter-attacks (Jose's sides are classic counter-attacking sides, but his drills are for how to play without the ball, then to win the ball and start the transition, but as soon as the ball has been won he lets his attacking players have the freedom to express).

There is no attacking phases that are planned, as confirmed by those attacking players how have played for him.

It is the opposite of Klopp, Pep & Poch to name just 3. They train relentlessly on set patterns of play, overloads, pressing triggers, creating these situations by moving the ball (having the ball) repeatable patterns, coached in great detail. They have control on what their attackers do. Jose lets his attackers have freedom. (Jose is VERY detailed and drills his sides loads too, but it's on shape without the ball, it's on how and where to win the ball back, it's on how to create errors in the opponent).

That's individual mate, just shooting practice. It's NOT having the team work on phases, overloads, pressing triggers, counter-attacks (Jose's sides are classic counter-attacking sides, but his drills and for us is for playing without the ball then to win the ball and start the transition, but as soon as the ball has been won he let's his attacking players have the freedom to express.

There is no attacking phases that are planned, as confirmed by those attacking players how have played for him.

It is the opposite of Klopp, Pep & Poch to name just 3. They train relentlessly on set patterns of play, overloads, pressing triggers, creating these situations by moving the ball (having the ball) repeatable patterns, coached in great detail. They have control on what their attackers do. Jose lets his attackers have freedom. (Jose is VERY detailed and drills his sides loads too, but it's on shape without the ball, it's on how and where to win the ball back, it's on how to create errors in the opponent).

TL/DR:

The point: Look at the comment of mine you used as a springboard for your latest anti-Jose crusade.

It's become sad.

Last edited:
TL/DR:

The point: Look at the comment of mine you used as a springboard for your latest anti-Jose crusade.

It's become a sad.
It's not anti-Jose fella!!

It's two different philosophies being discussed. I haven't for a moment put it in a "negative" light. In fact as another posted pointed out and made a point that Jose lets' "his players be creative". This is exactly what he does (with his attacking players), some and I think the chap that posted that comment thought that this was a good thing. Many people do also, I've often heard many a pundit say that attackers should be given "freedom to express themselves". This is exactly what Jose does.

Pep, Klopp, Nagglesmann, Poch (there's a host of others to add to this list too) don't do this, they control, plan and rehearse attacking phases. They are very strict, they don't give their attacker creative freedom, they plan and are highly detailed and specific in how they attack.

You decide what you think is better, that's up to you but all I've done is to state a fact with the two different philosophies. There nothing positive or negative about it. I'm not having a pop at Jose, if you interpret this then that's down to you.

Why in fact have you taken it as me having a pop at Jose? Do you favour our attackers given the freedom to express themselves or do you favour a rigid, controlled and rehearsed attacks?

It's two different philosophies being discussed. I haven't for a moment put it in a "negative" light. In fact as another posted pointed out and made a point that Jose lets' "his players be creative". This is exactly what he does (with his attacking players), some and I think the chap that posted that comment thought that this was a good thing. Many people do also, I've often heard many a pundit say that attackers should be given "freedom to express themselves". This is exactly what Jose does.

Pep, Klopp, Nagglesmann, Poch (there's a host of others to add to this list too) don't do this, they control, plan and rehearse attacking phases. They are very strict, they don't give their attacker creative freedom, they plan and are highly detailed and specific in how they attack.

You decide what you think is better, that's up to you but all I've done is to state a fact with the two different philosophies. There nothing positive or negative about it. I'm not having a pop at Jose, if you interpret this then that's down to you.

Why in fact have you taken it as me having a pop at Jose? Do you favour our attackers given the freedom to express themselves or do you favour a rigid, controlled and rehearsed attacks?

Again, TL/DR.... I'm not here for the debate you wanna shoe-horn upon me.

Your interjection upon my Dele comment was tenuously & grossly opportunistic.

I know you'll refuse to conceded this....

Enjoy the rest of your day.

Last edited:
Again, TL/DR.... I'm not here for the debate you wanna shoe-horn upon me.

Your interjection upon my Dele comment was gross opportunism on your part.

I know you'll refuse to conceded this....

Enjoy the rest of your day.
Don't be so sensitive Airfix. I'm merely pointing out a part of the philosophy of Mourinho. If you think it's intended as a negative slight then that's on you and how you interpret it.

You sir are a fucking slag and backed out from a wager for charity despite me and others proving you wrong you won't pay up. Absolute cunts trick now I have shown the forum what you are so time for you to log off for good.slag

Don't be so sensitive Airfix. I'm merely pointing out a part of the philosophy of Mourinho. If you think it's intended as a negative slight then that's on you and how you interpret it.

State of this crap.... :sigh:

THE (only) point here is that my post had nothing to do with Jose, but here you are....

You're turning (turned?) into a meme Guido. Sad times.

State of this crap.... :sigh:

THE (only) point here is that my post had nothing to do with Jose, but here you are....

You're turning (turned?) into a meme Guido. Sad times.
Please stop turning everything into a war of words. Maybe I got distracted dealing with new forum gimp and conflated yours and his stuff together (subsequent posts), if that's the case I'm sorry. But please fella, it's no biggie on my part and the post wasn't meant to be "anti" anything.

Please stop turning everything into a war of words. Maybe I got distracted dealing with new forum gimp and conflated yours and his stuff together (subsequent posts), if that's the case I'm sorry. But please fella, it's no biggie on my part and the post wasn't meant to be "anti" anything.

It's become a constant theme... Painting this as being about me is simply denial.

I'd much rather enjoy informative/interesting exchanges with you as was one was the case, but here we are... Again.

The "shoehorn" is real (tedium).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom