Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Is Dele going to accept this?
The bigger question is will Real? Not if they take a look at this thread. I do not want Dele to leave but could live with this proposal but how often do swap deals actually happen. Not very often , too many things to be agreed. Cannot see Real agreeing to take Dele if they did not want Eriksen this time last year.

Wrong mentality.

I really think this alleged loan to RM would do him the world of good.

12 months in a shark tank; he'll either thrive (leaving the club with a choice to make) or he'll come back eager to rebuild what he once had here.

Win/Win.

I really think this alleged loan to RM would do him the world of good.

12 months in a shark tank; he'll either thrive (leaving the club with a choice to make) or he'll come back eager to rebuild what he once had here.

Win/Win.

He just needs to go, regardless.

He needs to find his hunger for football. He hasn't had that for 3+ years when teams were scared of us, when he had peak Dembele, Eriksen, Kane etc all carrying him.

His 'happy to be here' mentality and going into every game just expecting a win shouldn't wash under Mourinho and sadly it seems to be.

You think he's trouble at this point?

.....Take a shit fee rather than find a way to rehab him (or his value)?

People's opinions tend to go up or down on players based on team performances as opposed to individuals themselves.

I think we could get a good fee for Dele.

Watching the Amazon show, it seems like José is trying to be Dele’s best mate. Always there with an arm round the shoulder and even his digs about being lazy seemed to have a bit of fun around them. Let’s hope this works and gets Dele back on form.

I do have a feeling that Dele would react a lot better to a fucking swift boot in the stones though.

And whilst I think he still has it in him to be a wonderful player again, I’m struggling to see where he fits into a side playing three up front.

People's opinions tend to go up or down on players based on team performances as opposed to individuals themselves.

I think we could get a good fee for Dele.

Bit of a different slant than "He just needs to go, regardless."....?

Suggests you categorically want rid asap.

Bit of a different slant than "He just needs to go, regardless."....?

Suggests you categorically want rid asap.

I wont have a problem if he stays - we need bodies, he's HG etc and the manager seems to rate him.

But if teams WERE interested, I think we'd be stupid to reject an approach. Problem is, I don't think Dele has the mentality to actually leave and try and succeed elsewhere. He's got all the money in the world, he's happy to just show up to training and be lazy, he likes to have a laugh with his 'mates' whilst playing PlayStation and most of all, likes disappointing on a weekend without the hunger to actually sit down, analyse his performances and see why he wasn't as good as before.

I wont have a problem if he stays - we need bodies, he's HG etc and the manager seems to rate him.

But if teams WERE interested, I think we'd be stupid to reject an approach. Problem is,

As I thought... A significantly different sentiment to your original comment.

(I wouldn't have bothered to query the latter take as it's clearer and speaks for itself. )

EDIT: I see you've added more comment now... Sounds like you're sticking the boot in again as per orig comment.....

Watching the Amazon show, it seems like José is trying to be Dele’s best mate. Always there with an arm round the shoulder and even his digs about being lazy seemed to have a bit of fun around them. Let’s hope this works and gets Dele back on form.

I do have a feeling that Dele would react a lot better to a fucking swift boot in the stones though.

And whilst I think he still has it in him to be a wonderful player again, I’m struggling to see where he fits into a side playing three up front.

I feel like Mourinho started out that way, and got a good reaction from Dele, but then he returned to his poor form. I think Mou will take a tougher line with him now. Does he want to be a top player or not? Top players do not get hooked at HT and accused of being lazy. He needs to shape up. We have indulged him for too long, he needs some real talk now. He's still very young and can easily get his career trajectory back on track if he works harder.

It was very alarming to me that Dele apparently had a big reputation within the club for being a lazy trainer, Poch should never have allowed things to reach that point.

I feel like Mourinho started out that way, and got a good reaction from Dele, but then he returned to his poor form. I think Mou will take a tougher line with him now. Does he want to be a top player or not? Top players do not get hooked at HT and accused of being lazy. He needs to shape up. We have indulged him for too long, he needs some real talk now. He's still very young and can easily get his career trajectory back on track if he works harder.

It was very alarming to me that Dele apparently had a big reputation within the club for being a lazy trainer, Poch should never have allowed things to reach that point.
Poch bred a bad mentality among his favorites. Dele was always undroppable and after a year or two of that you stop working as hard as you should.

Back
Top Bottom