Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He needs a new challenge and some fresh faces around him. He's become far too 'comfortable' at Spurs and just doesn't feel the need to push himself anymore. A season with Zidane and the RM squad would either make or break him as a player.
I'd love to see him mature over there and be able to welcome him back as a 'seasoned' professional rather than the somewhat immature fancy flick artist we have now.
Both the club and the player have nothing to lose and everything to gain. Bring it on.

I agree that a change of scenery could do him well. I wonder if BD or Bayern would fancy a go? He needs to be in a situation where attacking football is the name of the game and could see him finding his stride in those types of clubs.

If Dele isn't good enough for Spurs, why would he be good enough for Madrid, Bayern or Dortmund?

The theory is that he is good enough for Spurs but has lost his way.....

It's not as if a club like that are gonna take him on loan just on our say so; if it happens they must see something in him.

It's not as if a club like that are gonna take him on loan just on our say so; if it happens they must see something in him.
Not really Madrid's style to see an out of form player and think they can capitalize on the bargain, though, is it?

Not really Madrid's style to see an out of form player and think they can capitalize on the bargain, though, is it?

Assuming there's any juice to the rumour, what do you think their motivation would be then?

Perhaps their view of him is blinkered by little more than a few hot CL performances.....? That's been their MO numerous times in the past.

He needs a new challenge and some fresh faces around him. He's become far too 'comfortable' at Spurs and just doesn't feel the need to push himself anymore. A season with Zidane and the RM squad would either make or break him as a player.
I'd love to see him mature over there and be able to welcome him back as a 'seasoned' professional rather than the somewhat immature fancy flick artist we have now.
Both the club and the player have nothing to lose and everything to gain. Bring it on.
christian-eriksen-inter-1582099163-31958.jpg

I just can't think of many cases where players have "lost it" and eventually got it back at the same club. I'm not sure what the solution is, I don't think sending him on loan does him or us much good because what motivations do that club have to develop him? I think what has happened to Dele is more likely that we expect a higher standard than he can deliver, and his injuries have made it nearly impossible for him to develop into that standard. He just isn't consistent enough within games, let alone game to game.

I worry that we'll hang onto him for too long because we can't get a sufficient fee for him now, so we wait and wait, he doesn't develop into an elite/consistent attacking midfielder/playmaker, and then we end up loaning him out to some random mid table club in a year or two, and sell him for much less than he was worth at his peak.

Assuming there's any juice to the rumour, what do you think their motivation would be then?

Perhaps their view of him is blinkered by little more than a few hot CL performances.....? That's been their MO numerous times in the past.
I'm working on the assumption that there's nothing but smoke...I'd be shocked if Madrid wanted an out of form Dele. Career rehabilitation isn't really their game. If they really wanted him, they'd have been in when he was really hot.

I think his being left out of Europa tomorrow is coincidental. Its Plovdiv, at the end of the day. Kane shaking his willy at them really ought to be enough shock and awe.

If Bale arrives, Dele is no longer a first team starter. Indeed, I don't really see where he fits into a side with Bale-Kane-Sonny as the primary attacking trio, with Bergwijn-new back-up striker-Lucas as the squad depth options.

I'd always take GLC as the ACM option over Dele because he can actually link play and run with the ball.

But I'm also unclear where Zidane thinks he fits into a Real Madrid side. They typically play a 4-3-3, with Benzema as the CF and Fatboy Hazard on one flank, with the likes of Asensio (when fit), Vinicius Jr & Rodrygo on the other flank.

Their primary midfield 3 is selected from Luka M, Kroos, Casemiro and Valverde, with the gifted Isco as the most creative midfielder, occasionally selected as wide AM in the forward 3.

Does Zidane think Dele could be a box-to-box player in their midfield 3? If so, I think that experiment would last 3 games maximum.

Or does Zidane plan on playing with just one wide player and Dele playing off Benzema? Again, I don't really see it succeeding.

That said, I wouldn't be surprised if Levy isn't quietly offering Dele to clubs his ego would permit him to join. If we sign a back-up striker as well as Bale, I think Dele is the odd man out in our attacking options, and he'd probably stink out the place with his attitude if he's not playing regularly.

If I'm right, I can see Levy and Mourinho trying to cash in now.

Fucking lol, reading this thread makes me realize how fucking deluded some of the fans are. Dele is quality, Dele wasn't even bad yesterday, look at what happened when he was taken off bla bla.

If that's a performance to look up to then I don't know what to fucking say anymore.
He’d be good in the tin pot Romanian Farmers league, probably why you’re so excited

I'm working on the assumption that there's nothing but smoke...I'd be shocked if Madrid wanted an out of form Dele. Career rehabilitation isn't really their game. If they really wanted him, they'd have been in when he was really hot.

I think his being left out of Europa tomorrow is coincidental. Its Plovdiv, at the end of the day. Kane shaking his willy at them really ought to be enough shock and awe.
I understand if he doesn’t play. But to not even be a sub is odd.

If Bale arrives, Dele is no longer a first team starter. Indeed, I don't really see where he fits into a side with Bale-Kane-Sonny as the primary attacking trio, with Bergwijn-new back-up striker-Lucas as the squad depth options.

I'd always take GLC as the ACM option over Dele because he can actually link play and run with the ball.

But I'm also unclear where Zidane thinks he fits into a Real Madrid side. They typically play a 4-3-3, with Benzema as the CF and Fatboy Hazard on one flank, with the likes of Asensio (when fit), Vinicius Jr & Rodrygo on the other flank.

Their primary midfield 3 is selected from Luka M, Kroos, Casemiro and Valverde, with the gifted Isco as the most creative midfielder, occasionally selected as wide AM in the forward 3.

Does Zidane think Dele could be a box-to-box player in their midfield 3? If so, I think that experiment would last 3 games maximum.

Or does Zidane plan on playing with just one wide player and Dele playing off Benzema? Again, I don't really see it succeeding.

That said, I wouldn't be surprised if Levy isn't quietly offering Dele to clubs his ego would permit him to join. If we sign a back-up striker as well as Bale, I think Dele is the odd man out in our attacking options, and he'd probably stink out the place with his attitude if he's not playing regularly.

If I'm right, I can see Levy and Mourinho trying to cash in now.
He may not go to Real and just but sold to offset the Bale cost

Pinch of salt... Always.

Haven't looked to draw conclusions from his supposed omission from tomorrow (or conflate the two), but I'd have thought he'd be one of the guys sent to play themselves into a bit of form if anything...... Esp. as he's one of the few seniors that actually had a proper pre-season.

Time will tell no doubt.

If Dele isn't good enough for Spurs, why would he be good enough for Madrid, Bayern or Dortmund?

I think a lot of his issues here are down to:

1) Shit hamstrings - which seem to be on the mend? Or at least he seems healthy
2) A shift in team shape and attacking mentality

Dele, when he won his young player of the year trophies was living inside the box, off of Kane's shoulder. We were flying at people. We were winning the ball off the other team in their own third. It was full-on attack.

We haven't had that in years now and this new, slow, turgid style of ball doesn't get the most out of him. He may be a system player, which is a detriment to himself because he needs to be put in a certain situation. But that doesn't mean he doesn't have a place in a team that can utilize him.

Pinch of salt... Always.

Haven't looked to draw conclusions from his supposed omission from tomorrow (or conflate the two), but I'd have thought he'd be one of the guys sent to play themselves into a bit of form if anything...... Esp. as he's one of the few seniors that actually had a proper pre-season.

Time will tell no doubt.
He's been pretty fragile recently, could easily have a niggle. Congested fixture list, if Mou is 90% sure he won't play why make him travel?

His false 9 role got the best out of him. But as we moved him deeper his spark dipped.
He was once my favourite but if it’s for his own good I will wish well on his next journey. He was a little cunt. But he was our cunt

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom