Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I would love to know what is going on. Cause all we can assume is this is a Jose thing.

Apparently Sissoko was on the bench, fell ill, and he put Gedson in his place.

As much as Dele has sucked recently, Gedson?

I suppose he'll say Gedson is closer to a like for like replacement for Sissoko. But still it's a real slap in the face for Dele.

I would love to know what is going on. Cause all we can assume is this is a Jose thing.

Apparently Sissoko was on the bench, fell ill, and he put Gedson in his place.

As much as Dele has sucked recently, Gedson?

Dele's not exactly gonna fill a Sissoko-shaped gap though..... Gedson fits tho.

We need someone that can jump in immediately and contribute. The process of selling Dele and bringing in someone else is going to take weeks/months. Dele's been slumping but with Son out, it could be an opportunity for him to see a resurgence.
Dele's finsihed here and needs to be sold - immediately.

I pray to the football gods it's already in process.

All of you Dele stans are besotted with the image of Dele... substance be damned.

I refuse to accept his mediocrity, anymore.

You all delude yourselves if you want.

At this moment the team plays much better without him. Not much else to say.

Selecting Gedson ahead of him was brutal but so be it, Mou has to get tough. The team is evolving without him and it’s starting to look like Dele was actually holding us back. Kane is doing more damage in that number 10 role than Dele has for the last 2 years.

At this moment the team plays much better without him. Not much else to say.

Selecting Gedson ahead of him was brutal but so be it, Mou has to get tough. The team is evolving without him and it’s starting to look like Dele was actually holding us back. Kane is doing more damage in that number 10 role than Dele has for the last 2 years.

I don't think it was.....

If you were making a like for like sub for Sissoko; who would you naturally put on?

Dele or Gedson?

I don't think it was.....

If you were making a like for like sub for Sissoko; who would you naturally put on?

Dele or Gedson?
Gedson wasn't picked instead of Dele, the '19th man' isn't usually a high profile player. It's pretty much always a young player who won't feature. Sessegnon did it a lot last year, as well as Skipp and Parrott. Dele was never going to be called up that late, I'm sure if Sissoko came down with illness during the week rather than before KO Dele would have made the bench.

Gedson wasn't picked instead of Dele, the '19th man' isn't usually a high profile player. It's pretty much always a young player who won't feature. Sessegnon did it a lot last year, as well as Skipp and Parrott. Dele was never going to be called up that late, I'm sure if Sissoko came down with illness during the week rather than before KO Dele would have made the bench.

You're over thinking it.... Much like Gedson, Dele would still have been training.

Don't even know what you mean by '19th man'.... You build a bench to give you options.

Sissoko is X kind of player..... Gedson was the obvious alternative.

CMTeJhOWEAE-KcR.jpg

Back
Top Bottom