Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

CMTeJhOWEAE-KcR.jpg

Moussa wearing the T shirt saying ‘Fuck you Blakey’ was genuinely funny 😆

You're over thinking it.... Much like Gedson, Dele would still have been training.

Don't even know what you mean by '19th man'.... You build a bench to give you options.

Sissoko is X kind of player..... Gedson was the obvious alternative.
When you have a squad, there is always an extra player listed in case of an emergency late injury. Especially for away trips, we'll take an extra player for that scenario. I'm not 100% sure but pretty sure it is the same for a home game you'd have a player who comes to the game as if he's playing but normally ends up sitting behind the bench.

not sure where Dele fits into our team play under Jose
think he needs to play as second striker (but who knows)
he's not played well for 2 years (had odd games, but not enough)
wonder if its just that he does not work hard enough in training since he got the taste of a woman

not sure where Dele fits into our team play under Jose
think he needs to play as second striker (but who knows)
he's not played well for 2 years (had odd games, but not enough)
wonder if its just that he does not work hard enough in training since he got the taste of a woman
I doubt his good form in years passed was down to an intact virginity...

Has anyone considered if Dele simply is Covid-positive ? Many clubs have been reluctant to publish names when someone tests positive - privacy considerations etc.
Nah, doesn't make sense to me - he was already dropped from the matchday squad then started on Thursday after the speculation had already started. Then dropped again at the weekend (implying he hadn't tested postive then negative for covid).

Additionally, I'd wager he would rather have it be known the reason for an absence was coronavirus rather than having all this media heat unnecessarily.

I think he's legitimately being made surplus to requirements.

He started on Thursday and we were better after he went off. We produced our best display of the season without him in the squad on Sunday.

The team just doesn’t need him anymore. He hasn’t shown enough to earn a place.

But sad really he has great talent but has sort of lost his way, I don’t think he fits the Mourinho profile and a new challenge could suit him. If he goes I wish him luck, like Foyth I would expect a sell on clause from Levy.

Unfortunate because he was one of my favorite players, but the ball just stops moving when he gets it, particularly on the break. He just kills attacking chances, and that's probably not the best trait for an attacking mid.

Wow, big call given our fixture congestion. A move must be imminent.
You'd hope it would be a move for his sake but this is pretty standard Mourinho management, just picking fights, humilating players. Alli has been average to poor over the last 2 seasons but he offers more than Lucas, Lamela and others in terms of chances created and goals scored. If this isnt for a move its diferent level pettiness and cutting off our nose to spite our face .

But sad really he has great talent but has sort of lost his way, I don’t think he fits the Mourinho profile and a new challenge could suit him. If he goes I wish him luck, like Foyth I would expect a sell on clause from Levy.

It’s a shame but I don’t think that he was doing it for Poch towards the end

Had he lost fitness or was he being played out of position or both?
We’ll never know but he scored some crackers for us my favourite being the one against the Chavs in the 3-1 demolition at the Bridge

It’s a shame but I don’t think that he was doing it for Poch towards the end

Had he lost fitness or was he being played out of position or both?
We’ll never know but he scored some crackers for us my favourite being the one against the Chavs in the 3-1 demolition at the Bridge

He always had flaws, not particularly quick or strong and often took way to long on the ball slowing our attack down but he was capable of moments of genius, the very definition of a mercurial player.

You'd hope it would be a move for his sake but this is pretty standard Mourinho management, just picking fights, humilating players. Alli has been average to poor over the last 2 seasons but he offers more than Lucas, Lamela and others in terms of chances created and goals scored. If this isnt for a move its diferent level pettiness and cutting off our nose to spite our face .
Jose expects his players to run through walls for him , Lucas does that if Dele is still being Lazy in training and not putting the effort in required then he has no place in the squad.

Jose expects his players to run through walls for him , Lucas does that if Dele is still being Lazy in training and not putting the effort in required then he has no place in the squad.

I was really surprised to hear that on the documentary. I cant imagine Poch would stand for laziness in training, yet he kept playing him. No alternative I guess, same as Mourinho last season.

Shame that he's off.

Back
Top Bottom