Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

For the past 2 years he's basically been a guaranteed starter regardless of form. A bit of competition from Lo Celso and Ndombele and a spell on the sidelines might be just what he needed to fire a rocket up his arse and get him going again.

If that's what they offered I'd be extremely surprised if he just said "No". What's the French for Fuck Off ! ??

Fair cough

1i8r8i.jpg

What about if Mourinhio told Dele that he gonna let everybody thing Dele is gonna leave to another club
But secretly, meanwhile he is training hard and gonna be a better Dele for the team and prove everybody they were wrong

Don't hold your breath.

I mentioned it before, I think, but Dele has had it way too easy for the last couple of years. With lack of depth and injuries he was a guaranteed starter under Poch and at the start of Jose's reign. He got complacent and thought he had made it.
I would give him till, definitely January, and maybe the summer to see if he can gets head down and work hard. HG and still young, so there's a chance he can come good again. Doubtful, I know.
He's under contract until 2024 (I think ?) so there's no rush to cash in.

Just to be clear, I think he will throw his toys out of the pram and ask for a move, but I'm hoping that he has that right people advising him.
Jose has proven there's a way back to the first team, if you work hard (GLC and Tanguy)

It’s an inflection point of his career, what happens this year will go a long way in defining what type of career he’ll have.

I think the PSG interest was an outlier, unless he bounces back this season I can’t see any of the big clubs coming in for him especially at the price we’ll demand.

A lot depends on injuries to other midfielders. Bale only got his chance all those years ago because BAE got injured. If he gets a chance of a run of games then he needs to grab it.

A lot depends on injuries to other midfielders. Bale only got his chance all those years ago because BAE got injured. If he gets a chance of a run of games then he needs to grab it.

Wasn't BAE at the African Cup of Nations as opposed to injury?

But yes, point well made. There will be times where players are rested or injured and those are the times Dele needs to grab. More recently, like Lo Celso last season who was also out of favour.

To see him so far down the pecking order saddens me a bit. I would LOVE to see him back to his best, full of the cockiness and confidence he had 5 years ago.

He'll play on Thursday.

The game-time the EL provides for players on the fringes is a big benefit.

We have depth and players that need minutes.

......So shortsighted; people preferring not to be in Europe at all this year.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom