Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I mentioned it before, I think, but Dele has had it way too easy for the last couple of years. With lack of depth and injuries he was a guaranteed starter under Poch and at the start of Jose's reign. He got complacent and thought he had made it.
I would give him till, definitely January, and maybe the summer to see if he can gets head down and work hard. HG and still young, so there's a chance he can come good again. Doubtful, I know.
He's under contract until 2024 (I think ?) so there's no rush to cash in.

Just to be clear, I think he will throw his toys out of the pram and ask for a move, but I'm hoping that he has that right people advising him.
Jose has proven there's a way back to the first team, if you work hard (GLC and Tanguy)
I maintain he was always mishandled. There was a concerted effort made to coach the reactive nasty out of him. Jose is the perfect bloke to put it back. He is a kid with a grievance that's actually a source of power. He should chat to Zlatan. There's alot of revisionism around the player, poor at this poor at that. Thats a very English media way of looking at a player. Focusing on the minus not the plus. Some of the things he pulls off very few of his contemporaries can. I think he can still be aset to a smart coach, his big problem could be that we are setting primarily for a system that doesn't suit him. I however would like a team that is coached specifically to switch between two systems with 22 players suited to this he could be a big part of a plan like that. I wouldn't be surprised to see a resurgent Dele...with us hmmm🤔

Alasdair Gold told the following in his YouTube roundup:

After realizing the loan deal to PSG wouldn't go through, he reacted really well, and started training really hard.

Posted a video slapping Doherty and Sess in the back of their heads. Bantz.

Fuck that.

:wansum:

Starting to make sense how he's lost his way. Time to grow up.

I was sent the video earlier today, apparently this is a new trend with children. I felt really embarrassed watching the video. Grow the fuck up mate.

I was sent the video earlier today, apparently this is a new trend with children. I felt really embarrassed watching the video. Grow the fuck up mate.
Is this the new 'happy slapping' then? I don't want to overreact and join an anti Dele mob, but if so it's a fucking stupid thing to be doing at all, let alone videoing and promoting it as a thing on social media. You're supposed to be a figure that kids will look up to and emulate, and you use that status as a stage to do dumb shit like this, ffs Dele...

Is this the new 'happy slapping' then? I don't want to overreact and join an anti Dele mob, but if so it's a fucking stupid thing to be doing at all, let alone videoing and promoting it as a thing on social media. You're supposed to be a figure that kids will look up to and emulate, and you use that status as a stage to do dumb shit like this, ffs Dele...
I'm not entirely sure but it sounds like it might be. My mate is a teacher for a primary school and said the kids there do it.

I maintain he was always mishandled. There was a concerted effort made to coach the reactive nasty out of him. Jose is the perfect bloke to put it back. He is a kid with a grievance that's actually a source of power. He should chat to Zlatan. There's alot of revisionism around the player, poor at this poor at that. Thats a very English media way of looking at a player. Focusing on the minus not the plus. Some of the things he pulls off very few of his contemporaries can. I think he can still be aset to a smart coach, his big problem could be that we are setting primarily for a system that doesn't suit him. I however would like a team that is coached specifically to switch between two systems with 22 players suited to this he could be a big part of a plan like that. I wouldn't be surprised to see a resurgent Dele...with us hmmm🤔
Or we could take the money and invest in someone else.
I like Deli but he seems to be on the same destruct path that took Rose away.
Great analysis but maybe he just got too much too soon.
I think, in the end, Dier will leave too.

I like Dele but after the corona joke you'd expect he'd be like a nun on social media now.
Stupid.

He should use this lack of game time as an opportunity to work on weaknesses (left foot, strength etc) and heal up any niggly injuries.

It seems terribly English to focus on his nastiness as his main asset rather than his technical ability.

His problem is that he isn’t technically proficient enough when jt comes to close control/dribbling (like Tanguy), doesn’t have the passing range or awareness (like Gio), nor the pace to terrify the opposition or run away from trailing defenders (like Son).

For a guy who plays in the number 10 role he is severely lacking in many important departments. His lack of technique often leads him to slowing down quick attacks or just outright losing it. His main strength was arriving in the box at the right time but that isn’t enough anymore.

If the nastiness was the only issue, he’d have been alright.

The whole "I like ya cut G" thing is years old.

It's nothing but banter and the players got a nice laugh out of it. I for one am loving the harmony amongst the group right now. It feels like the best it's been in a long long time.

The whole "I like ya cut G" thing is years old.

It's nothing but banter and the players got a nice laugh out of it. I for one am loving the harmony amongst the group right now. It feels like the best it's been in a long long time.

You can tell from both guys, but esp Bergwijn that the laughter was forced. If some little instagram weasel did that to me, I’d be pissed too.

Generally speaking, slapping your teammates in the head doesn’t usually lead to a harmonious atmosphere. What next, piss in their coffees?

You can tell from both guys, but esp Bergwijn that the laughter was forced. If some little instagram weasel did that to me, I’d be pissed too.

Generally speaking, slapping your teammates in the head doesn’t usually lead to a harmonious atmosphere. What next, piss in their coffees?

I can tell from both guys, that they couldn't believe they got caught in a meme and reacted accordingly. Dohertys laughter was so "forced" that he laughed at it happening to Bergwijn.

I'm amazed that anyone who's had a friend before is actually triggered by this video. Or this meme.

I guess it's just because it's Dele.

Thank god it wasn't Danny Rose.

It's the kind of crap I'd expect school kids to do... Not grown men.

At school I remember there was a similar craze slapping each others faces a la an old Tango advert ("You've been Tango'd"); more often than not people would respond badly and I saw so many fights kick off as a result..... I can't imagine too many adults being too impressed.

If that's how Dele is spending his time when at work then, as someone has already said, he needs to knuckle down and stop worrying about twitter or wherever he's posting this nonsense.

Last edited:
I can tell from both guys, that they couldn't believe they got caught in a meme and reacted accordingly. Dohertys laughter was so "forced" that he laughed at it happening to Bergwijn.

I'm amazed that anyone who's had a friend before is actually triggered by this video. Or this meme.

I guess it's just because it's Dele.

Thank god it wasn't Danny Rose.

Then again, imagine Dele doing it to Hugo or another senior squad member.....

Back
Top Bottom