Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Bound to be a bit rusty

Start him on Monday

Yet hes not even in the SQUAD.

What is the way forward on this? He is on a long (and expensive) contract. He is struggling to even make a start for our second string 11 and his England career is disappearing in the rear view mirror.

What is the way out of this? I cant see him making his way back under JM. The team just isn't set up to play to his strengths. Levy will demand too much for any serious bidders.

A loan is really the only way forward, Hope he goes somewhere, catches fire and we can turn it into a permanent deal? I have been a harsh critic of Dele but this is turning into a disaster for him and the club. I'm fuming that he wasn't sold in the summer when he still had significant value. That boat has sailed. Poor strategy from the club in my opinion and not good news for the dressing room if this continues long term.

It's simple now for dele. If you want to play you earn it. If he isn't up for it he's done. He has a special skill in his off the ball movement and arriving at the right time that not many midfielders have he needs to stop thinking he'sa dribbler/zidane type player that's not his game. I think he's lost the hunger and his focused switch to off the field issues. I expected more from him once he lost his England place but there's just no hunger there at the moment.

He's gotta work his balls off in training seems to be the message from Jose.

We don't know if if is or isn't first hand but I guess we either trust the managers assessment or we don't but not getting into a very competitive squad tells me he's not standing out in training.

Alli like Lucas and Lamela can be both mercurial and infuriating - I suspect Jose prefers them currently though because of their effort and hard work and like he says it's up to him to match that at the very least.

It’s not about attitude or work rate or whatever character reasons you guys keep insisting on.

the brutal truth is that the squad has moved beyond him; we don’t really need him anymore.

Kane as a false 9 (and the early signs is that Vinicius is an excellent link-up man too) has rendered Dele’s SS/10 role obsolete.

Is he a better creative CM than GLC or Tanguy? no

Is he a better inside forward than Son or Bale? No

is he a better winger than Bergwijn or Lucas? no

There’s only Lamela’s spot to take as an auxiliary forward and Dele is way too much of a free spirit to be good in that role.

He should’ve left in the window; for his sake more than ours.

He was the biggest factor to Poch downfall
As much as I loved Poch, and still do, I’ve been through the 5 stages of grief and have begrudgingly accepted that his loyalty to too many of the players who’d helped raise the expectations of everyone connected to the club, was the biggest contributing factor to his downfall.

He left it too long to the point where we needed revolution not evolution.

Care to explain? (not in an aggressive tone I just don’t get why you point the arrow at Dele from all the problems at the time. Eriksen was equally pivotal and fell much more drastically)

There's a list of individuals you could scrutinise (including Poch!).... To lay a majority of the weight on Dele's shoulders is ridiculous.

Last edited:
I'd make him a starter in the EL.

....I'd also leave some seniors out of the squad completely for the away games.

Back
Top Bottom