Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Dele played well yesterday and well enough to get into the 18 match day squad. The problem is that whilst Sanchez will replace Toby in the squad but hopefully not a starter, everyone else deserves to keep their place. Therefore I think Dele will have to be content with another start next Thursday and await an opening in the PL 18 either due to injury or poor performance. Lamela getting fit will make it harder.

En1_sm-W4AA7x7f

:deledoubt:

He’s going to have to give that sorta performance on a more consistent basis, against better teams before we can even mention him in the same breath as a match away to Chelsea. Don’t be fooled by his performance yesterday. Ludogrets were very very poor. Still have hope for him but not expecting to see him in an EPL game until at least after Christmas.

Don’t try and fix what isn’t broken. We’re playing good football without him.

I really like him and I hope he returns. I thought he did very well vs Ludogorets and needs to back it up with a perfomance vs LASK. Keep it going, Dele!

So you want Dele at CB then?

#StrawmanIsEasy
Hmm haven't thought about it but interesting idea. I think Dele (or anyone for that matter) would have done better than 1/6 in aerial duels against Abraham/Chelsea. Dele probably wouldn't have gifted Chelsea those 2 big chances as well. So yeah, I'd probably have Dele over Rodon at CB.

Donald Trump Wink GIF

Hmm haven't thought about it but interesting idea. I think Dele (or anyone for that matter) would have done better than 1/6 in aerial duels against Abraham/Chelsea. Dele probably wouldn't have gifted Chelsea those 2 big chances as well. So yeah, I'd probably have Dele over Rodon at CB.
:pochrolleyes:

En1v4GaW8AEKICc

And he doesn't even get mins in PL anymore.
My god Guids you are struggling... If only all that mattered on a football pitch was spending all your time as a nominal MFer attempting to make runs off the shoulder of the last man and latching on 1st time to whatever ball over the top came then both you and he would be in business. As fate would have it there is more expected from players nowadays than that and randomly leaving a bit in on Bulgarian farmers. I say shame really.

But even in analyzing this graph Dele is just above the 1:1 (maybe 115-120%) mark so that implies that his goals are mostly coming from other's work and easier positions. Sonny is above the 1:1.5 (or 150% as the graph puts it) which means many of his goals are his work. I would say that fits a lot of what we see.

Back
Top Bottom