Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Massive chance for Dele in Lo Celsos absence. If he takes it and kicks on from there after months of being sidelined then it would go down in history as one of Jose’s greatest player management achievements and would be great for Spurs.
Stranger things happened and the player is still very young.

He did do well but nobody can learn anything from that about any of our players. Whilst it is true that you can only beat what is in front of you I think they were by far the worst opposition I have ever seen Spurs play. They were appalling
In terms of quality yes but in terms of application we’ve come up against much worse.

Hull on the last day of 16-17 springs to mind.

In terms of quality yes but in terms of application we’ve come up against much worse.

Hull on the last day of 16-17 springs to mind.
That was a brilliant day. Had such a laugh there. Beautiful day, 7 goals, singing for the whole 90, a huge rendition of “he’s magic you know” at the end. Lovely.

See the mistake you made there was paying a blind bit of notice to the absolutely trolling cretin.
Ah I take no notice really. It's more that I have no idea what he's talking about. Can a player play on the half turn? Are there players that can't? Are half turns better than full or 3/4 turns?
I'm probably just annoyed that fucking idiots get paid well to talk complete nonsense.

I'll keep saying it, this guy is still an important asset for us.

He's far better than Bergwjin or Moura and its now a question of when not if he returns to the first team.
Jose hinted at this in his presser the other night.

Clearly Dele lost his way and got lazy/comfortable under Poch and Jose told him some truths, I think initially Dele resisted and they butted heads and that's why we've had this Mexican standoff last few months. But Jose is always going to win that battle.

For Jose to say that he is pleased with Dele's performance and application the other night shows that he is knuckling down.

Its virtually the same scenario as what previously happened with Ndombele.

Anyone that honestly thinks Dele isn't better than Bergwjin or Moura needs their heads testing, just compare the goals and assists stats for starters.
Of course the caveat is that Dele's head is right and he is willing to work hard for the team.

I'll keep saying it, this guy is still an important asset for us.

He's far better than Bergwjin or Moura and its now a question of when not if he returns to the first team.
Jose hinted at this in his presser the other night.

Clearly Dele lost his way and got lazy/comfortable under Poch and Jose told him some truths, I think initially Dele resisted and they butted heads and that's why we've had this Mexican standoff last few months. But Jose is always going to win that battle.

For Jose to say that he is pleased with Dele's performance and application the other night shows that he is knuckling down.

Its virtually the same scenario as what previously happened with Ndombele.

Anyone that honestly thinks Dele isn't better than Bergwjin or Moura needs their heads testing, just compare the goals and assists stats for starters.
Of course the caveat is that Dele's head is right and he is willing to work hard for the team.
iu

Lets not forget his tweet about Mourinho. Maybe he is still biased and did not welcome Mourinho as other did. Who knows, ppl change and that happened nearly 9 years ago. But it's important to point out that Mou showed him that Spurs don't really need him. His protest or laziness had no impact at all. We are playing well without him and we are about to win some trophies this season. That could FOMO him into putting his laziness aside and taking matches serious again. An in-form Dele would be a massive boost, no doubt about that. Lets see how it will work out.

iu

Lets not forget his tweet about Mourinho. Maybe he is still biased and did not welcome Mourinho as other did. Who knows, ppl change and that happened nearly 9 years ago. But it's important to point out that Mou showed him that Spurs don't really need him. His protest or laziness had no impact at all. We are playing well without him and we are about to win some trophies this season. That could FOMO him into putting his laziness aside and taking matches serious again. An in-form Dele would be a massive boost, no doubt about that. Lets see how it will work out.
I largely agree but I feel we could be playing better with a firing Dele.

Bergwjin does a lot of good defensive work but little at the other end, Moura... well I just don't see the point anymore, his last good game was months ago and he is dining out on the CL semi final.

I just feel that Dele coming in would bolster us from an offensive side and we wouldn't lose much defensivley
IF Dele's head is in the right place

I largely agree but I feel we could be playing better with a firing Dele.

Bergwjin does a lot of good defensive work but little at the other end, Moura... well I just don't see the point anymore, his last good game was months ago and he is dining out on the CL semi final.

I just feel that Dele coming in would bolster us from an offensive side and we wouldn't lose much defensivley
IF Dele's head is in the right place
Yeah it's all about his attitude.

No chance to get him into this team again, if he already decided to go to PSG with Pochettino, Neymar and Mbappe. You can't blame him really for that. Playing under your preferred coach with superstars in a new city is tempting. So why should he fight for a place in this team?

90% of this forum thought the same about Mourinho 9 years ago...
I don't think so. 9 years ago Mourinho was in his prime after a decade full of success (Porto CL/EL, strongest Chelsea side ever, triple winner with Inter and 100 points in La Liga). Cocky? Sure, but overrated 9 years ago? Never.

Dele was just 15 years old when he tweeted this. Just a teenager ranting about a manager. That statement should not be taken too seriously.

Last edited:
iu

Debatable - we are crying out for goals from midfield and someone other than Son & Kane to contribute in the final third - that doesn't really show that we can do well without him imo as we're in a position where we need to either find a way to intergrate him in to the team or sign someone to replace what he can offer in order to really progress

Debatable - we are crying out for goals from midfield and someone other than Son & Kane to contribute in the final third - that doesn't really show that we can do well without him imo as we're in a position where we need to either find a way to intergrate him in to the team or sign someone to replace what he can offer in order to really progress
While we need another source of goal, and attacking contribution beside Son and Kane, you're getting carried away about "what he can offer".

The Dele of these 2/3 years hasn't much to offer. Vinicius can be said to be the one we should integrate. He's in good form, and show that he wants to work for the team.

While we need another source of goal, and attacking contribution beside Son and Kane, you're getting carried away about "what he can offer".

The Dele of these 2/3 years hasn't much to offer. Vinicius can be said to be the one we should integrate. He's in good form, and show that he wants to work for the team.

Vinicius has looked no better in his cup games than Dele has, imo - in fact the two look to have a bit of an understanding developing on the pitch and I'd say there's room for both players to be used more regularly than they have been.

Vinicius certainly should be getting more game time coming in for Kane at the end of matches, i guess the issue there is we often make games tighter than they should be by sitting on leads and so taking a player like Kane (or Son) off when you might need a goal is a tough decision to make?

wrt what Dele can offer i have little doubt that his numbers will get back to where they were if he gets game time in a team that has Hojberg and Ndombele in midfield - I've said it before but his game and everyone elses went downhill when the Sissoko/Winks partnership became first choice.

Kane: 17 goals
Son: 16 goals
Moura: 6 goals
Vinicius: 6 goals
Lo Celso: 5 goals
Ndombele: 3 goals
Bale: 3 goals

It's not true that only Kane or Son are scoring.
Bale, Lo Celso and Ndombele could have scored more if they would not struggle with injuries.
Moura is okay so far and Vinicius will get more playing time.

Back
Top Bottom