Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He just does doesn’t do enough when he plays to warrant a start ,what he’s done in the past means jack shit .

How many times has he played with good players around him? Kane, Son, Bale, Moura

We seem to throw him out with Winks, Gedson, Bergjwin and Sissoko and then wonder why he no longer looks world class.

Good players need good players around them. Put Dele on with Kane, Son, Bale, Ndombele and see what our attack looks like.

Gedson spent half the Marine game getting in Dele's way and fluffing up passes.

He’s played with Kane ,son and Erikson for the last 5 years and the last two when he’s completely gone to shit it’s got nothing to do with who he’s playing with it’s him he’s not good enough to get in the team simple ,he don’t do enough he gets carried every game .support him as much as you like but these are facts .

iu

Lets not forget his tweet about Mourinho. Maybe he is still biased and did not welcome Mourinho as other did. Who knows, ppl change and that happened nearly 9 years ago. But it's important to point out that Mou showed him that Spurs don't really need him. His protest or laziness had no impact at all. We are playing well without him and we are about to win some trophies this season. That could FOMO him into putting his laziness aside and taking matches serious again. An in-form Dele would be a massive boost, no doubt about that. Lets see how it will work out.
Did he really write that? If he did I love him even more.

BTW we aren’t “playing well without him”. We miss him massively that should be crystal clear by now, unless of course, you are actually enjoying watching us, which would be a weird POV given what has been served up by Jose since he arrived.

Last edited:
He hasn't started a PL game since the first day. Mourinho is stubborn just like all managers and if he couldn't get on the pitch last night there's almost no way he will start.

I think putting him back in might lift the team a bit but it's not Mourinho's way.

He’s played with Kane ,son and Erikson for the last 5 years and the last two when he’s completely gone to shit it’s got nothing to do with who he’s playing with it’s him he’s not good enough to get in the team simple ,he don’t do enough he gets carried every game .support him as much as you like but these are facts .

Did you not notice that Eriksen also went to shit during that same period as did the rest of the team? Coincidence?

Dele with a good midfield pairing behind him will get back to his best

Did you not notice that Eriksen also went to shit during that same period as did the rest of the team? Coincidence?

Dele with a good midfield pairing behind him will get back to his best

I'm not his biggest fan, but I agree that if he has a good midfield behind him, he'll do better.

Both Eriksen and Dele went to shit when Dembeles performances started slowly dwindling.

Son and Kane however adapted. That is why those two are the elite.

Dele isn't. Never will be. Eriksen isn't and never will be either. But both are still good footballers who in the right system could flourish.

That's why I think Dele needs to leave Spurs. We aren't going to cater to his needs and what will make him a star again. So he needs to find the right place where he has those key components in making him run again.

This feels like a repeat of the Ndombele transfer saga from last summer: Mourinho doesn't want them, Levy puts his foot down, Mourinho begrudgingly re-integrates him into the team.

Surely he would have been more useful in the 2nd half than sissoko yesterday. At least he shows for the ball, drops deep sometimes to get the ball and will try a forward incisive pass? Everything that was missing in the 2nd half groom the whole team except ndombele . Worst culprit being sissoko. I just don’t get it why we continue to play someone who never wants the ball or who loses it when someone breathes on him unless his got some grass to run into.

Feel for the guy to be honest. He's been decent the last couple of times I've seen him play. If he couldn't get on as a sub in the game against Fulham I really don't see when he gets a game.

Has he? Really?

He played once so far this season with Son and Kane. Everton on the opening day. He was replaced at half time by Sissoko and Everton scored 5 minutes later.

Last season he was excellent when Mourinho came in - and then Harry / Son got injured. He was played as a center forward with GLC, Sissoko and Moura backing him up. And stone the crows - his form dried up.

Dele is being used as a scapegoat by Mourinho to exert his dominance over the squad and the club. He is showing that he is in charge and nobody is above him.

Selling a 24 year old player of his ability is madness.

Back
Top Bottom