Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He’s played with Kane ,son and Erikson for the last 5 years and the last two when he’s completely gone to shit it’s got nothing to do with who he’s playing with it’s him he’s not good enough to get in the team simple ,he don’t do enough he gets carried every game .support him as much as you like but these are facts .
Erikson and Kane made him look good a few seasons ago, as they would put plenty of good stuff his way, and once Erikson lost interest, Dele's impact nosedived. How can people not see this? Left to his own devices, Dele is average at best.

Erikson and Kane made him look good a few seasons ago, as they would put plenty of good stuff his way, and once Erikson lost interest, Dele's impact nosedived. How can people not see this? Left to his own devices, Dele is average at best.

This is the most ridiculous think I have ever read! Exceptional players need great players around them. Of course Dele looked good with Eriksen, Son and Kane - and of course he looks crap with Moura, Fernandes, Winks and Sissoko.

You worry about a player who looks average when playing with the best players. GLC for example.

From what I understand, Liverpool would sell their right nut to sign Dele.

iu

Lets not forget his tweet about Mourinho. Maybe he is still biased and did not welcome Mourinho as other did. Who knows, ppl change and that happened nearly 9 years ago. But it's important to point out that Mou showed him that Spurs don't really need him. His protest or laziness had no impact at all. We are playing well without him and we are about to win some trophies this season. That could FOMO him into putting his laziness aside and taking matches serious again. An in-form Dele would be a massive boost, no doubt about that. Lets see how it will work out.

This “tweet” about mourinho was made up by some guy looking for retweets. Social media is a dangerous place for the gullible!! (2012 is the giveaway).

:dembelelol: :dembelelol:

haha, I heard it in some news when Mou was appointed as Spurs manager. At this point it was not declared as fake but I should have dig deeper into it before posting it in here. Thanks for pointing it out!
However it would have explained a lot why Mou does not count on him. It’s not the first time that he ignores players because of some interpersonal conflicts. Same goes also for Guardiola

Ridiculous statement. DELE lit up the premiership with his displays and was name young player of the year. "Average at best" is a lazy statement. DELE is a fantastic player and he will prove it by either being reinstated into our side or playing brilliantly for somebody else. And you know what if he leaves. We will all be moaning at why we let him go.

Average at best where do you get this nonsense. The crowd would bellow his name they loved him and rightly so.

Last edited:
Jose has made it clear he's not wanted. Personally I think what he did at the start was fair but now he's being a bit harsh on him. If PSG want him on loan let him go and play football because Jose isn't using him here or giving him another chance. I'd play him ahead of winks myself but jose isn't going to so just let him go on loan and see how he gets on.

I find it staggering the amount of Spurs fans slagging Dele off.

He was a brilliant player for us. He has been off form now. But his application and performances have been good when he has got the chance.
Personally, I see no reason why he doesn't get starts in the league. There are loads of players ahead of him that are not performing up to the required standard.

haha, I heard it in some news when Mou was appointed as Spurs manager. At this point it was not declared as fake but I should have dig deeper into it before posting it in here. Thanks for pointing it out!
However it would have explained a lot why Mou does not count on him. It’s not the first time that he ignores players because of some interpersonal conflicts. Same goes also for Guardiola

Yeah I saw it too and did wonder! But too many characters for 2012 Twitter.

It’s a shame what has happened to dele. However if he decides he wants to go having a dressing room with a player who is not being played and wants to play football usually only ends up 1 way.

Paying him £5million a year to play every now and then seems mental.

But I do wonder if levy sees dele more of a long term asset than Mourinho, if he doesn’t selling him now at an inflated fee while his contract is longer makes sense for everyone surely.

Expect he plays in the FA Cup game before any decisions are made.

He was a brilliant player for us. He has been off form now. But his application and performances have been good when he has got the chance.
Personally, I see no reason why he doesn't get starts in the league. There are loads of players ahead of him that are not performing up to the required standard.
That's why I think he should go. He needs to for himself I think. Personally I think he deserves another chance Jose made his point and he needs to drop it now. It doesn't look like he will though so the right thing to do is let him go to PSG where he's going to get a bit of love off of the manager.

That's why I think he should go. He needs to for himself I think. Personally I think he deserves another chance Jose made his point and he needs to drop it now. It doesn't look like he will though so the right thing to do is let him go to PSG where he's going to get a bit of love off of the manager.
Yep, I’m with this.

I don’t have a problem with Jose not picking him. He has to pick the players that he believe will do the job he wants on the field. I do have a big problem with not letting him go somewhere else.

In the documentary, when Dele got into a row with Dier in the dressing room (after losing a game I assume, I can't recall now), Dele specifically criticises our style of football, he was chastising us just "hoofing it".

As it's a puff-piece and heavily edited I can only imagine what has been said that's on the cutting room floor.

Without a doubt for the egotist Borinho this wouldn't have sat well with him. He gets fucked off when journos criticise his woeful football.

If the answers to our issues are pretending Dele will bounce back and be the guy from 2016 then we’re fucked.

Ive been hearing this since 2017.
He makes more of an effort but just isn’t a very good player these days I’m afraid.

I think it’s more Pompey than PSG to be honest

Back
Top Bottom