Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Salah it was more of a case he was not pulling up trees, and even when he went to italy

KDB, it was more of a case of being young and other players he would have to dislodge, also jose's remit was to win as much as possible within two years.

With rashford and martial, jose was actaully doing the right thing having them comepte for the left birth position, hence Cavani coming in, when they already had igahlo.

Pogba, why buy bruno fernandes

Hard work is the main ingredient needed, for you to grow personally and professionally, it sets your internally clock, to take action.

Talent does not get you up in the morning, it those long days and nights scarificed, that provides the platform for your skills and talents to shine.

More often than not, hardwork builds humility, focus and discipline.

for me Dele is just one of our many players that haven't preformed since the world cup 2018, maybe they have not recovered from playing for 18/24 months solid, maybe they reached their peak i don't know.
Eriksen, Dier, Dele, Trippler all their performances have dropped off since the WC

That's a good point and could go some way to explaining the drop off seen from the team towards the end of the 18/19 season

Ideally we could have Dele's trickery and his hard work from the early years. But without the latter we are not going to get the former. Because if you are going to be playing trickery/fancy football under Jose, you also have to be able to do the hard work and clean up after yourself if you fail. He's always held creative/trickery players to a higher standard. Özil at Madrid until their falling out was an incredibly hard working player as well as a creative 10 for example.

I remember hearing when he joined us that the other players couldn’t believe how hard he trained and his intensity during that first pre season. He has obviously lost that desire to put the effort in. Too much money too soon perhaps? He wouldn’t be the first.

I remember hearing when he joined us that the other players couldn’t believe how hard he trained and his intensity during that first pre season. He has obviously lost that desire to put the effort in. Too much money too soon perhaps? He wouldn’t be the first.
Obviously I don't know Dele at all but it wouldn't be the first time that it had happened to a young talent. You grow "fat" and content instead of hungry for more.

I’d rather see Dele trying tricks and flicks, that once every few matches lead to a through ball and goal, than I would see Sissoko bumble up the pitch for twenty yards before the ball bounces off his shin and out for a throw.

We really have 8 defensively minded players on the pitch for every match, but I can see that coming down to 7 soon and at that point, there’ll maybe be a place for Dele. If he shows the manager he’s worth persevering with. Which is extremely doubtful.
It’s not a choice though, as it’s not about either anymore.

As a sub, Sissoko can come on to sure things up.
I wouldn’t bring on Dele though chasing a goal in a tough match.
He’s just not reliable

I want him to go because I want to see him get his career back on track. He’s a young lad that has given me a lot of enjoyment. I feel very sad for what has happened to him and I’d love to see him recover.

Ideally that would be with us but, as he clearly doesn’t fit into Jose’s team, it most likely needs to be elsewhere. He’s a human being.
So the benefits are for Dele and not the club. That can wait until the summer as our needs could be more pressing. He needs to be replaced and that is not happening in January.

It’s interesting to see how well Luke Shaw is playing at the moment.

This is the first time in years where he’s played somewhat consistently well in a few consecutive games. I would say let’s wait a few games and see how he fares. He’s in my opinion mentally weak. He will always have his ups and downs.

Rather he got minutes than went tbh, but Mourinho doesn't fancy him, and he's our manager for the foreseeable

I’m sure Jose also would rather he get minutes but when he’s not been showing that he could help the team get results, you can’t blame others getting picked ahead of him. The league is getting tougher and tougher.

I’m sure Jose also would rather he get minutes but when he’s not been showing that he could help the team get results, you can’t blame others getting picked ahead of him. The league is getting tougher and tougher.

I'm not his biiiiiiggest fan, but is this really the case!?

He's been given a whopping 75 minutes of Premier League game time this season...

He's had a hand in 4 goals in all comps in 472 minutes. Which is the equivalent of just over 5 games..

Level of opposition in those starts obviously not the best but I'm not sure what Jose is expecting when bringing on Dele Alli away at Anfield with 3 minutes to go....

What about danny rose? I dont see anyone on his thread demanding him to be in the team because he had a good season 3 years ago..
Gazza? The forgotten goal keeper? No...?
Just dele then..
Hes a professional bloody footballer getting paid shitloads if he doesnt perform he doesnt play period!
I’m not asking for him to be in the team. It’s fair enough that Jose doesn’t pick him. I’m asking for him to be allowed to leave.

I'm not his biiiiiiggest fan, but is this really the case!?

He's been given a whopping 75 minutes of Premier League game time this season...

He's had a hand in 4 goals in all comps in 472 minutes. Which is the equivalent of just over 5 games..

Level of opposition in those starts obviously not the best but I'm not sure what Jose is expecting when bringing on Dele Alli away at Anfield with 3 minutes to go....

All I was saying is that if a player is showing the signs that the manager/coach can trust said player to make an impact, said player will get playing time in the tougher matchups. If he has only been playing against weaker matchups, he must not have earned that trust or shown the abilities at this moment in time.

No player is entitled to minutes on the pitch. I don’t believe in playing a non performing player when the objective is to get a positive result. If our objective is to develop players and results be damned, then play them all day long.

I'd bet you that if he had as many minutes as Berg, we would have more conceded by now and Kane and Son would have less goals and assists.

Stop looking at stats on an individual level. It's a team game. Dele is no longer a net positive to the team.
You're wasting your time trying to reason with this Mickey Bubbles fella, as it seems he's an out an out Dele apologist. The best teams are synergistic(we're far from that), and unfortunately Dele, along with a few other players just aren't contributing enough to the teams' overall performance, to justify their inclusion on a regular basis. Dele is a gamble that JM is tired of using in such a high stakes league.

Back
Top Bottom