Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

and how many assists/goals has he got.

The creativity isn't there and neither are the goals.

Even the likes of Hojbjerg who played at 6 last season registered more involvements than him. Cmon..

"C'mon" what???

I simply set you straight in terms of his position.

That doesn't transpose to me saying he played well on Saturday.

and how many assists/goals has he got.

The creativity isn't there and neither are the goals.

Even the likes of Hojbjerg who played at 6 last season registered more involvements than him. Cmon..
He plays in a different role under Nuno. you cant expect to him to have as many assists and goals. Guy is 2nd in the PL in blocks and pressures and 3rd in pressures in the defensive half. So he is basically an 8

He plays in a different role under Nuno. you cant expect to him to have as many assists and goals. Guy is 2nd in the PL in blocks and pressures and 3rd in pressures in the defensive half. So he is basically an 8
"C'mon" what???

I simply set you straight in terms of his position.

That doesn't transpose to me saying he played well on Saturday.
He got 3 goals in the last 2 calendar years so far in the Premier league

Its shocking. He's not good enough.

And this new role your suggesting. Maybe Sissoko did those stats and better..

Fed up of all these Dele sympathisers. He's shit.

So he’s good at putting the pressure on? What does that actually mean? Nonsense stat

He got 3 goals in the last 2 calendar years so far in the Premier league

Its shocking. He's not good enough.

And this new role your suggesting. Maybe Sissoko did those stats and better..

Fed up of all these Dele sympathisers. He's shit.

Stop with with your boring straw-manning.... Telling you the facts of what position he plays/played isn't sympathising either.... It's just stating a fact.

Right, I'm the one that has to learn says the guy that posts a youtube video in lieu of stating what he thinks and who uses running stats as support for player quality. I'm starting to get the idea that you don't know what you are talking about Guido.

Yes, best you leave yourself out of it. No one forced you to reply Guido...you are not a victim here. And your need to reply is interesting considering you said this...

...just yesterday. I guess we should all be happy that you didn't resort to a diatribe of personal attack in your newly found need to reply.

So intellectually engage an irrational person? That'll work. We should just try and get the Anti-vaxxers and Qanon to see reason, right? That's where you are Guido. The only people seeing positive in this player are irrational at this point...and they deserve ridicule not our understanding. The body of evidence is damning and conclusive. And just like the MouAnon who didn't see or didn't care what the dino was doing to our club. You are and have been there but with Dele. Reliance on this player hurts our club; when Dele scores or runs far it's his singular awesomeness but when he's shit it's everyone else's fault.

Welp, in my defense and if this was all I posted at least it has the benefit of being accurate. And I bet I did it without personally attacking you or playing the victim.

But again, this isn't about me Guido. It's about Dele. So feel free to regale us with your critical take on his Palace exploits...you know, those which you can begrudgingly attribute to him. And give it the same college try you give his running stats. Or you can tell us how awesome you think he'll perform vs Chelsea at the weekend. That's of particular interest. I'm willing to compare predictions on that. Are you? I'll bet that he'll be shit. But then again maybe he'll run a lot. Or maybe he'll be 'not-so-shit' in the ECL and you'll disregard his Chelsea play?
Absolutely fantastic football analysis from you Todd. You haven't posted a fucking thing mate! Not ONE football post, all personal at me!! Do you think you are handling this well? Do you think this is how you engage in football debate with me? You got the response you deserve, probably looking for maybe. But why? Why are you making this personal? Why aren't you even talking football? you pick up on an old post of mine, make it personal towards me. I respond with I'm not interested in this, yet here you are still not posting football posts, just making it personal.

I've tried to even put something football-related in a response of mine, I posted it from another analysis because I thought this would move it away from making it about me. Looks like that failed.

Dele is pony lets be real.

Great he can be a workhorse in a midfield 3 - well so can 100s of other players. He is not a difference-maker anymore.

If Gio and Ndombele could stay fit/interested for more than 3 games Dele would have been properly ousted long ago.

Absolutely fantastic football analysis from you Todd. You haven't posted a fucking thing mate! Not ONE football post, all personal at me!! Do you think you are handling this well? Do you think this is how you engage in football debate with me? You got the response you deserve, probably looking for maybe. But why? Why are you making this personal? Why aren't you even talking football? you pick up on an old post of mine, make it personal towards me. I respond with I'm not interested in this, yet here you are still not posting football posts, just making it personal.

I've tried to even put something football-related in a response of mine, I posted it from another analysis because I thought this would move it away from making it about me. Looks like that failed.
Positively Trumpian. Now playing the victim card (again) you are accusing me of making it 'personal'. This ain't personal son, don't flatter yourself, it's just business. I would take anyone else out to the woodshed if they did similar. And might I remind you:
Todd, you are fucking obsessed mate.

I don't think ANYONE was good! I thought we stunk the place out! I thought the manager was shit with his selection and then not to do anything to change it.

I stayed away from here post-match (until now) other than to make ONE post in the match thread after the game, that simply said we were shit before and after the sending off. I don't want to wallow in people spitting blood and venting for fucking hours and hours, thought I'd get on with my weekend and not get sucked into a vortex of misery that you no doubt have been in your element post-match (you might not have done, as I said I've not been on here to check).

I don't go around hunting individual players following a performance that clearly the fault of which lay at the door of the manager and how he had us go into the game (notwithstanding the handicap of the players available for selection, I expected us to perform far, far better than we did) tactically, physically, mentally he got it wrong, so I don't see the relevance of taking aim at a single player. But of cause only you would want to do so because you haven't been given the opportunity to vent on him this season because Dele has been arguably our best player, so like a coiled spring here you are venting, desperate to point fingers when you think the opportunity is right for you, whilst silent when he's been playing well.

It baffles me why YOU constantly quote me every time you choose to go in on Dele? Just do so without tagging me, so I can ignore the stuff you type, why do you crave my validation? You know my stance on him the player and I know yours. For fuck sake just crack on all by yourself, you don't need me. I don't need you.

And for football AND Dele I said this:
But again, this isn't about me Guido. It's about Dele. So feel free to regale us with your critical take on his Palace exploits...you know, those which you can begrudgingly attribute to him. And give it the same college try you give his running stats. Or you can tell us how awesome you think he'll perform vs Chelsea at the weekend. That's of particular interest. I'm willing to compare predictions on that. Are you? I'll bet that he'll be shit. But then again maybe he'll run a lot. Or maybe he'll be 'not-so-shit' in the ECL and you'll disregard his Chelsea play?

You are one of the few that sees anything in Dele anymore. And when folks question you on it you get kinda nasty and indignant (like with thinktank thinktank ). In fact, you've been nothing but pitiful in this whole back and forth oscillating between whining like a little ***** and making personal attacks...but somehow having the cheek to cry foul. And no you don't need to justify your love of Dele. But when you make snarky, dismissive comments like the initial one I quoted then don't be surprised if folks call you out...it's been over 4 seasons of this shit from him as well as downing fucking tools on Poch and Mou. Even the dimmest supporter recognizes it by now.

Feel free to tell us what you expect from him vs chelsea. A simple prediction that costs you nothing. Solid performance? MOtM? Garbage? Marathon Man? I suspect he'll play better against the farmers, you'll hoot and holler like a cheerleader, and he'll disappear vs Chelsea...

Positively Trumpian. Now playing the victim card (again) you are accusing me of making it 'personal'. This ain't personal son, don't flatter yourself, it's just business. I would take anyone else out to the woodshed if they did similar. And might I remind you:

And for football AND Dele I said this:

You are one of the few that sees anything in Dele anymore. And when folks question you on it you get kinda nasty and indignant (like with thinktank thinktank ). In fact, you've been nothing but pitiful in this whole back and forth oscillating between whining like a little ***** and making personal attacks...but somehow having the cheek to cry foul. And no you don't need to justify your love of Dele. But when you make snarky, dismissive comments like the initial one I quoted then don't be surprised if folks call you out...it's been over 4 seasons of this shit from him as well as downing fucking tools on Poch and Mou. Even the dimmest supporter recognizes it by now.

Feel free to tell us what you expect from him vs chelsea. A simple prediction that costs you nothing. Solid performance? MOtM? Garbage? Marathon Man? I suspect he'll play better against the farmers, you'll hoot and holler like a cheerleader, and he'll disappear vs Chelsea...
"I've been" "you've been". "you are"

Where's the fucking football chat!!!???!! Where's the analysis? Why are you still quoting me? Post something intelligent about Dele.

You embarrassing yourself Guido.
the-simpsons-bart-simpson.gif

Jeezus Guido...what happened to the guy that said these things:

Todd, you are fucking obsessed mate.

It baffles me why YOU constantly quote me every time you choose to go in on Dele?

Just do so without tagging me, so I can ignore the stuff you type, why do you crave my validation?

For fuck sake just crack on all by yourself, you don't need me. I don't need you.
Might I suggest you find him. He doesn't me or my validation. You on the other hand seem very needy and hurt right now. It's starting to feel like a cup final for you too. You'll not be getting any winner's medals here. Take your L and move on.

Jeezus Guido...what happened to the guy that said these things:

Might I suggest you find him. He doesn't me or my validation. You on the other hand seem very needy and hurt right now. It's starting to feel like a cup final for you too. You'll not be getting any winner's medals here. Take your L and move on.
Read back those posts in your head again. There's a clear consistent message to you that you haven't understood yet, take your time.

Read back those posts in your head again. There's a clear consistent message to you that you haven't understood yet, take your time.
Take the L, Guido. Move on and save what's left of your dignity. You don't need my validation. It's moving into a stalker-type situation now.

Let's both look forward to Dele's forthcoming awesome display this weekend. Fingers crossed that the cameras are focused on other players. I hear the work he does off-screen is world class. :allitongue:

Back
Top Bottom