Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He was always a luxury player to begin with. Brilliant in his early days, but that was so long ago now. Even if you snuck him back into his old role there's no room for that sort of player under Conte.

He was always a luxury player to begin with. Brilliant in his early days, but that was so long ago now. Even if you snuck him back into his old role there's no room for that sort of player under Conte.
I think Dele at 17/18 yrs old would find room in any team under any good manager really but yes that was an eternity ago.

Poch wanted a 30yr old head on a pair of very immature shoulders, but it was that exact immaturity that made Dele.
He dared to use his talent, he dared to get sent off and fight and had genuine character.

The “best youth developer” actually took what looked like could be our next Gazza and turned him into Acimovic

I think we as a club are particularly bad at judging character. We could all see Dele's life off the field wasn't great, yet the club rewarded him with contracts and kind of amplified his eternal teenager phase through its social media. It's no surprise that Kane and Son have been our most successful players in recent years.

Dele Alli has looked overwhelemed by the Mura defense. let alone PL defenses. He is done. He is not close to good enough. There is no scope for him at Spurs, and likely no scope for him at the PL level at all.
Are you sure? Granted, that was my previous belief but I've been reassured in no uncertain terms that for any team outside the top 6 he would A) get into it and B) they would be lucky to have him. It was a compelling argument. Sure, it was made with no supportive evidence and backed by nothing other than the force of their argument and indignation on being questioned but that's how these face-saving situations go. In for a penny I guess they believe.

But I think you've turned me back to the Dele is shit side.

Are you sure? Granted, that was my previous belief but I've been reassured in no uncertain terms that for any team outside the top 6 he would A) get into it and B) they would be lucky to have him. It was a compelling argument. Sure, it was made with no supportive evidence and backed by nothing other than the force of their argument and indignation on being questioned but that's how these face-saving situations go. In for a penny I guess they believe.

But I think you've turned me back to the Dele is shit side.

If any members of other clubs are scouting him by reading this site then yes they would be very lucky to have him, but as I doubt that is how any club other than us scout like that I do have a hard time imagining how a player that can't handle the defensive pressure of Mura would have much of a spot in any PL club.

If any members of other clubs are scouting him by reading this site then yes they would be very lucky to have him, but as I doubt that is how any club other than us scout like that I do have a hard time imagining how a player that can't handle the defensive pressure of Mura would have much of a spot in any PL club.
and maybe that is a probelm, not saying take the fans word over scouting, but what the fans thinking is should lso have some weight on the buyer

and maybe that is a probelm, not saying take the fans word over scouting, but what the fans thinking is should lso have some weight on the buyer

It is scary that there are so many things that the fanbase can clearly see and yet the club seemingly can't.

I hope not..... Our fans are forever getting shit wrong when it comes to armchair scouting.

Please. Watch this. DELE vs MURA

Dele was actually very good. Had the final. Ball been better, he could have scored 3 in the first 10 minutes. Pressing well and excellent movement.

Our attacks almost always ended with Kane losing the ball.

Simple. Without Eriksen we have zero service.

It is bizarre that people (not necessarily you mate, I'm generalising, although you did only mention "running") will bitch and moan about our lack of running under both the dinosaur and Nuno as evidence of just how shit we have become, but then panda to the school of thought that "running stats don't mean shit" when confronted with the ONLY player in the team that was putting in a shift during this time. Not to mention that as I constantly have stated that he's one of our best pressers of the oppo in our team.

These things don't count because it's Dele and he's got shit hair and drives a Rolls Royce and doesn't score 16 goals a season whilst playing as a DM.
No matter how you dress this up with stats, he is still playing badly, which is why he's now part of the ECL "B" team, and was hooked(along with a few others) in both legs against Mura, and the big guns were brought on to try and rescue the game. When was the last time he scored 16 goals a season?
It certainly wasn't in the last 3 seasons. Your continued support for Dele is admirable, but bordering on obsessive, and somewhat blinkered. What matters, is what happens on the day of a match, and not years ago. Regardless of previous injuries etc, being played out of position(which are just a couple of the many excuses given by his devotees) ,when a player isn't performing well on a regular basis, then his position in the pecking order gets lower. I couldn't care less what he drives, or how he dresses, I care about what he contributes during a game for Spurs, which sadly isn't much these days, and I just don't understand the amount of press coverage he receives.

Stop looking back, and focus on the present. Hopefully he'll come good in the future.

No matter how you dress this up with stats, he is still playing badly, which is why he's now part of the ECL "B" team, and was hooked(along with a few others) in both legs against Mura, and the big guns were brought on to try and rescue the game. When was the last time he scored 16 goals a season?
It certainly wasn't in the last 3 seasons. Your continued support for Dele is admirable, but bordering on obsessive, and somewhat blinkered. What matters, is what happens on the day of a match, and not years ago. Regardless of previous injuries etc, being played out of position(which are just a couple of the many excuses given by his devotees) ,when a player isn't performing well on a regular basis, then his position in the pecking order gets lower. I couldn't care less what he drives, or how he dresses, I care about what he contributes during a game for Spurs, which sadly isn't much these days, and I just don't understand the amount of press coverage he receives.

Stop looking back, and focus on the present. Hopefully he'll come good in the future.

Watch the video above of his appearances vs Mura. He did everything right. He got in space, made excellent runs, played through balls to Kane, tracked back, made tackles and pressed their defenders. In the first 10 minutes he could have had 3 goals had the final pass been better.

What more really could he have done? Shooting from 30 yards or dribbling round 3 players is not his game.

Dele makes clever runs and gets into goal scoring positions often. The problem is, only Kane is capable of playing the pass and he had an awful game, taking far too long on the ball and our attack often ended with Kane losing it.

Watch the video above of his appearances vs Mura. He did everything right. He got in space, made excellent runs, played through balls to Kane, tracked back, made tackles and pressed their defenders. In the first 10 minutes he could have had 3 goals had the final pass been better.

What more really could he have done? Shooting from 30 yards or dribbling round 3 players is not his game.

Dele makes clever runs and gets into goal scoring positions often. The problem is, only Kane is capable of playing the pass and he had an awful game, taking far too long on the ball and our attack often ended with Kane losing it.
So what you’re saying is that Dele is shit because of Kane? Interesting

Please. Watch this. DELE vs MURA

Dele was actually very good. Had the final. Ball been better, he could have scored 3 in the first 10 minutes. Pressing well and excellent movement.

Our attacks almost always ended with Kane losing the ball.

Simple. Without Eriksen we have zero service

Wait……a video of Dele chasing shadows against non league opposition

I’m re convinced

Dele did well when Christian E was supplying him with accurate passes, but that ship sailed long ago. Apart from supposedly running into goal scoring positions, what else does he currently offer? He has a poor first touch, can't take players on, dwells on the ball too long, and is easy to dispossess just to name a few.

Dele did well when Christian E was supplying him with accurate passes, but that ship sailed long ago. Apart from supposedly running into goal scoring positions, what else does he currently offer? He has a poor first touch, can't take players on, dwells on the ball too long, and is easy to dispossess just to name a few.

Did you watch the video?

Again, please tell me what he could have done better. He ran into goal scoring space on plenty of occasions and, what should have been reasonably mid-level passes into him were made a complete mess of.

Back
Top Bottom