Dennis Cirkin

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Perhaps I'm over-optimistic (or stupid), but I'm quite confident that he'd do well as the second choice left back as it stands. Physically he seemed capable, had a nice technique to him, the only question mark is what happens when he inevitably makes a costly mistake (I don't see how you can avoid it as a young defender), does he pick himself up or will his confidence be ruined.

Fair play to him for backing himself anyway, clubs have much greater incentive to use you well when you're signed as their player than when you're loaned out for 9 months. Best of luck to him, hopefully there's a buyback clause and we can see him return if it works out.

Can Cirkin play at 3 at the back or at wing-back? Can anyone tell?

He plays where he wants,
he plays where he wants,
Ooooooh Dennie Cirkin,
He plays where he wants

iu

I don't get this at all, the kid is a baller.

Makes no sense to me. Sure, he has a few ahead of him, but Davies should be gone soon and the other two are not yet proven as high level PL fullbacks. If there's a low buyback clause then it makes a lot of sense, otherwise I'll be very unhappy with this.

He wouldnt sign a new contract. Fair play to him that he wants to play and do things the hard way.

I don't begrudge anyone with such hunger... Too many young players prepared to cruise, knowing that once they've bag that pro-deal at a big club they're virtually set for life.

Turned 21 earlier this month - has had a season at League 1 with Sunderland and as they were promoted last season has had this season in Championship.

Plays both as LCB and LB, so a replacement for Davies whose contract runs to 2025 and turns 30 tomorrow. And would qualify as a Club trained player of which we are short.

Would possibly benefit from another season in Championship to get more experience, but otherwise think he'd do better than Sessegnon, who continues to disappoint, as an alternate to Destiny Udogie who joins this summer.

Absolutely and I thanks that's normal. But he's already quite strong and a very physical player, legs look well developed and has a frame that could fill over the next 5yrs or so. Biggest challenge the young lads have is to sustain a high tempo men's game for 90mins, most fade considerably after 50/60 mins (just look at Chavs team, press like mad then die and offer little in 2nd half, but then less effective when not pressing/resting/managing their game, so it's all or nothing).

Not sure where he's at exactly but everything looks to be way ahead of his peers (his age group) I think.

:pochsmirk: "Marcelo, fetch your bucket and let's watch this kid sleep"

Can Cirkin play at 3 at the back or at wing-back? Can anyone tell?

He can play LB and CB, very decent left foot, rarely uses his right but he's a lot better on his weaker foot than most. Gets up and down the left flank with a reasonable turn of speed, decent defender and decent attacker, not sure he's been tested recently as an out and out LWB - I'm sure he could cope but probably better as a LB ?

Back
Top Bottom