Dennis Cirkin

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Perhaps I'm over-optimistic (or stupid), but I'm quite confident that he'd do well as the second choice left back as it stands. Physically he seemed capable, had a nice technique to him, the only question mark is what happens when he inevitably makes a costly mistake (I don't see how you can avoid it as a young defender), does he pick himself up or will his confidence be ruined.

Nice.
If I was going to highlight an area for improvement - looks very one-footed? It's a real strength for a LB/RB to be 2-footed, especially when attacking.
He's mustard. I rate him higher than KWP (and he was great) at the same age. Proper heads up player, uses his body very well in holding up oppo and/or in the tackle, movement off the ball too is really promising, reads the game well.

He's young enough that he can still develop more athleticism, but I'm not sure he's quite there yet physically. Might get the odd game this season but think he'll be much more ready in a year or two.
Absolutely and I thanks that's normal. But he's already quite strong and a very physical player, legs look well developed and has a frame that could fill over the next 5yrs or so. Biggest challenge the young lads have is to sustain a high tempo men's game for 90mins, most fade considerably after 50/60 mins (just look at Chavs team, press like mad then die and offer little in 2nd half, but then less effective when not pressing/resting/managing their game, so it's all or nothing).

Not sure where he's at exactly but everything looks to be way ahead of his peers (his age group) I think.

I’m excited for his future, decent cameo in the friendly, and got stuck in plenty. There’s a player that can become a PL player one day in there. I‘m not sure he’s ready for PL apps yet, but I wonder if he’s someone to get a loan in the second half of the season.

Absolutely and I thanks that's normal. But he's already quite strong and a very physical player, legs look well developed and has a frame that could fill over the next 5yrs or so. Biggest challenge the young lads have is to sustain a high tempo men's game for 90mins, most fade considerably after 50/60 mins (just look at Chavs team, press like mad then die and offer little in 2nd half, but then less effective when not pressing/resting/managing their game, so it's all or nothing).

Not sure where he's at exactly but everything looks to be way ahead of his peers (his age group) I think.

:pochsmirk: "Marcelo, fetch your bucket and let's watch this kid sleep"

Back
Top Bottom