Derby County

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I don't see how they can be valid contracts without an agreement on a specific consideration
I'm not sure where it's gone wrong for Derby lately but they've become a real shit show. Contacts don't mean anything to their owners, that's why Richard Keogh successfully sued them for 2 million after they terminated his contact for refusing to take a paycut. Meanwhile the 2 younger players, that were actually drink driving and caused the accident that injured Keogh, went unpunished by the club. I wouldn't be surprised if they hire Barton or Giggs as their next manager

I don't see how they can be valid contracts without an agreement on a specific consideration
Agreed. I don't know enough about what's going on but there is some speculation or at least some challenges that it's not "all" players but all non-contracted players (loan's, out or end of contract players). I guess it's a watching brief over the next few days to reveal what's going on.

Why have the administrators blocked Ashley?

Ashley may not be the greatest owner ever. But he kept Newcastle's finances stable and for a club that Derby that would surely be ideal?

It seems football clubs are becoming the latest must-have accessories for people who have too much money or need to clean up ill-gotten gains.

It seems football clubs are becoming the latest must-have accessories for people who have too much money or need to clean up ill-gotten gains.
Grrr, damn you George Clooney and ill-gotten Dolce Gusto gains!

ian hecox fist shake GIF

So I think it's fair to say that Derby are pretty much relegated, they're 12 points from safety with only 5 games to play.

How does everyone think they'll fare in League One next season?

I personally think if Wayne Rooney stays as manager, they're able to get new owners, and without the burden of a points deduction (which I still think is a total BS rule for going into administration) they're shoe ins for promotion right back next season.

IMO he's done a great job with the mess that is Derby at the moment.

So I think it's fair to say that Derby are pretty much relegated, they're 12 points from safety with only 5 games to play.

How does everyone think they'll fare in League One next season?

I personally think if Wayne Rooney stays as manager, they're able to get new owners, and without the burden of a points deduction (which I still think is a total BS rule for going into administration) they're shoe ins for promotion right back next season.

IMO he's done a great job with the mess that is Derby at the moment.
I think they'll struggle.

I wouldn't at all be surprised to see Rooney move on in the summer, Burnley perhaps?

Derby like a number of other clubs of a by-gone era who actually played football and won things they were the underdogโ€ฆโ€ฆForrest, Villa, derby shame teams like that will never achieve what they achieved not as long as theres financially doped parasites like Chelsea, Liverpool & City

Derby like a number of other clubs of a by-gone era who actually played football and won things they were the underdogโ€ฆโ€ฆForrest, Villa, derby shame teams like that will never achieve what they achieved not as long as theres financially doped parasites like Chelsea, Liverpool & City
Liverpool are not doped like City or Chelsea, donโ€™t like them but they are not doped

Back
Top Bottom