DESK, One Has to Go.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who would YOU sell first?

• Total voters
What was it that Lucas did with the ball that impressed you so much against Liverpool? Was it the way he stuck it under his shirt after scoring to thank God for allowing him to impregnate his wife again?
No, he gave a lot of headaches to Liverpool defenders, they looked shaky when he got the ball and started to run at them. Probably our only player who did that.

You asked what I expect.
I expect to a see a 200M rated player who could walk into Juve, Barca and Real and improve their first teams.

I think we both know he’s not that player

I don't give a fuck about what he'll do to Real, Barca or Juve, Ive never stated what I think his value is.

He cost 18m less than Sissoko and earns 15k a week less.

I asked why you seem to be holding him to much higher standards than all our other players?

Why you expect him to be world class every week, but accept much, much lower standards from most of our other players?

Why you refuse to acknowledge his actual contribution, and reduce the player who assists double anyone else this season for us (the most in this league over the last four years), creates more chances than anyone else for us (and in this league over the last 4 seasons) , whilst seeing as much ball as our midfielders to "shit"?

Please don't answer another question I haven't asked. Just answer the questions I'm asking.

I don't give a fuck about what he'll do to Real, Barca or Juve, Ive never stated what I think his value is.

He cost 18m less than Sissoko and earns 15k a week less.

I asked why you seem to be holding him to much higher standards than all our other players?

Why you expect him to be world class every week, but accept much, much lower standards from most of our other players?

Why you refuse to acknowledge his actual contribution, and reduce the player who assists double anyone else this season for us (the most in this league over the last four years), creates more chances than anyone else for us (and in this league over the last 4 seasons) , whilst seeing as much ball as our midfielders to "shit"?

Please don't answer another question I haven't asked. Just answer the questions I'm asking.

You asked me what I expect.
I told you what I expect.

Whether you give a fuck or not about y answer doesn’t change the fact I answered the question you asked me.

Why do people keep saying Dele is our future?

I would be very surprised to see him still playing for the club in August 2020.

(Not because I want him to leave, I just think his head will be turned by a 'bigger' club).

Depends on Poch.

I’m sure Dele has had some big approaches already and turned them down.

You asked me what I expect.
I told you what I expect.

Whether you give a fuck or not about y answer doesn’t change the fact I answered the question you asked me.

But that's not the context I asked you the question in, and you know it.

Why do expect him to be better than a player we paid 18m more for and pay 15k a week more than?

Why are you holding him to vastly higher standards than all our other players?

But that's not the context I asked you the question in, and you know it.

Why do expect him to be better than a player we paid 18m more for and pay 15k a week more than?

Why are you holding him to vastly higher standards than all our other players?
just playing devils advocate..... because he's better? is the fact that levy's been mugging him off even relevant?

So most are saying Eriksen... he's fallen off?

Maybe. Or maybe it is easier to play with prime Dembele, Rose and Walker than it is to play in a team that hasn't weakened since and not really strengthened at all overall.

He wouldn't be the first or last player to play better when surrounded with better players. in fact it's quite normal especially as he'd get more space. So if/when he goed abroad and inevitably does awesome things please let's not say he never did it for us or lacked consistency- the club has failed to produce a better environment for him on the pitch.

Eriksen is technically the best or at worst second best player in team, we should never voluntarily sell.

Some of the hate Eriksen has been getting of late is quite unfair I would say. Sometimes things just reach their natural conclusion, and that is what his situation feels like.

The guy has made 265 appearances for us, many of which I would argue were in his prime years, and truth be told he has absolutely fuck all to show for it.

If he feels he needs a big move to Juve or Madrid to guarantee he has a few trophies before he retires, then I won't begrudge him at all. I've said it before but I genuinely don't believe this one is about money. Give him a higher salary than H and I still reckon he'd be slow to sign

None - don't want to see any of them leave.

But what surprises me, is how many people don't seem to rate Dele. For me, out of that lot, he's the one with the most natural touch who can do stuff that makes me think "Wow" the most often. Some of his touches put a smile on my face and he's the kind of player I would pay money to watch.

For me Eriksen and Kane are probably the more complete players, but I enjoy watching Dele more.
With this summer off I reckon dele will be superb next season. Never really had a long run this season. World cup hangover & various injuries have hampered him this season. Same with lingard for United really.

The trouble if we get rid of Eriksen is we’ll have to get another vowel in or the acronym’s not going to work. Could be alright if we get Isco - SKID would work.

It would be Dele or Eriksen.

Kane is always a goal threat , muscles and bullies defenders any given night.
Son is a 2 footed striker with a knack for goals, super speed/pace and brings in tons of money from Asia.
Both are rare to find.

There is plenty of Dele and Eriksen type of players in the transfer market.
Both are replaceable.

Back
Top Bottom