Destiny Udogie

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

For that left side of defence it's hard to think of two better prospects in world football than Udogie and VDV. Unreal work from Don Fab and the scouting team.
The stars really aligned for us on Udogies transfer. He had eyes from all the top clubs on him and his talent was absolutely clear as crystal for everyone. But for one reason and another we had a pretty uncontested go for him.

One of those when you miss out and you think, why the hell didnt we even try??

Overall, a very good performance.
He does seem to lack awareness of runners though and when to slide a ball through a gap rather than at them.
He's just turned 21...He's fucking amazing. He's a player Pep of Klopp would have wanted. He still learning luckily he's very bright. Think about how long it took Walker and Rose. This is a generational talent. Keeping will be about the how much you know who backs the coach.

He's just turned 21...He's fucking amazing. He's a player Pep of Klopp would have wanted. He still learning luckily he's very bright. Think about how long it took Walker and Rose. This is a generational talent. Keeping will be about the how much you know who backs the coach.
Lets hope so.
If he can add a little awareness to go with his sheer physicality, he'll be a complete player.

The stars really aligned for us on Udogies transfer. He had eyes from all the top clubs on him and his talent was absolutely clear as crystal for everyone. But for one reason and another we had a pretty uncontested go for him.

One of those when you miss out and you think, why the hell didnt we even try??

Don't say it too loudly, but just maybe we signed an Italy international, from an Italian team, was because our 1st team coach, his entire backroom staff and our DOF were all Italian.

wont be long till sky sports are trying to get him and VDV at man city

When they're relegated for fraud, he won't go there.

I can't believe it but I do think we may have an even better wingback pairing than prime walker and rose.

Can't stress this enough - Danny Rose was fucking wank and has never played as well as U-dog has played this season.

He was rated so high due to his straight-line-pace and being English. That is it. He ran with his head down mostly.
Walker was and has been elite, playing for dominant club like ManCity for so long, Danny was overplayed by Ben Davies. I am not sure why people mention Rose and Walker in same sentence. One is world class and other had few good games.

Sharp as a razorblade, strong as a bull.

Absolutely amazing.

For the orc that is McGinn, it was moment of truth - to play against someone who is stronger then you, smarter than you, faster than you, more technical then you and 8 years younger than you as well. Basically Conference League vs Champions League levels meeting... It can make you feel little and useless. So he went on to belittle himself even further. Brilliant.

Now our biggest rival for top 4 spot is without their captain for 3 upcoming games short after Kamara got ruled out for the season with an injury. Really smart thinking from McGinn. True captain (Y) :D .

Sharp as a razorblade, strong as a bull.

Absolutely amazing.

For the orc that is McGinn, it was moment of truth - to play against someone who is stronger then you, smarter than you, faster than you, more technical then you and 8 years younger than you as well. Basically Conference League vs Champions League levels meeting... It can make you feel little and useless. So he went on to belittle himself even further. Brilliant.

Now our biggest rival for top 4 spot is without their captain for 3 upcoming games short after Kamara got ruled out for the season with an injury. Really smart thinking from McGinn. True captain (Y) :D .
Sounds insane to say it, but he reminds me a bit of Maradona when he waltzes through opponents for 40 yards. Am I going too far now?? :D

Can't stress this enough - Danny Rose was fucking wank and has never played as well as U-dog has played this season.

He was rated so high due to his straight-line-pace and being English. That is it. He ran with his head down mostly.
Walker was and has been elite, playing for dominant club like ManCity for so long, Danny was overplayed by Ben Davies. I am not sure why people mention Rose and Walker in same sentence. One is world class and other had few good games.
Ill Allow It Spanish GIF

He really wasn’t wank. He didn’t have consistency and was never on Walker’s level but for a couple of seasons he was one of the better left backs in the league. He had a lot more than a few good games.

Good PL player. Walker was and is obviously an elite one.

An absolute powerhouse.

He will be the best left back in the world one day

I honestly don’t think he’s that far off now. Mainly because the quality of left-backs worldwide isn’t that high. You’ve got Theo and Robertson obviously but Davies isn’t a better all-round LB than Udogie is.

Then you’ve got guys like Shaw who are good but I think Udogie is already better than pretty much all but the very top ones.

I honestly don’t think he’s that far off now. Mainly because the quality of left-backs worldwide isn’t that high. You’ve got Theo and Robertson obviously but Davies isn’t a better all-round LB than Udogie is.

Then you’ve got guys like Shaw who are good but I think Udogie is already better than pretty much all but the very top ones.
Yep. He's top 5 in the world right now.

He really wasn’t wank. He didn’t have consistency and was never on Walker’s level but for a couple of seasons he was one of the better left backs in the league. He had a lot more than a few good games.

Good PL player. Walker was and is obviously an elite one.

But in terms of attacking output, he never had better season then Ben Davies on the same wing in the same era.

At least we both agree that he was never on the same level as Walker, so we should not talk too much about "Walker-Rose" duo, but more of having elite fullback in Walker.

I would like to see him given an able deputy at left back to help him through the games next season. Not sure it is realistic to expect such a young player to play at his consistent high level every week with European football, if we have it.

Back
Top Bottom