Did reaching the Champion league final paper over some cracks?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Not sure the terminology is correct

"papered over the cracks"

That infers that nobody knows what's wrong with our squad, now you won't find a more positive biased fan than me, but even I am fully aware of the issues

Lack of squad depth: we visibly were found lacking as injuries took their toll. Lack of a pre-season: sure we were not alone but we did take the biggest hit. The Wembley factor: place was and is a feckin' dump, became a negative for us whilst still a positive for the visiting side. Tactical errors: we lost far to many games we should have won, the reasons varied but poor tactics certainly played a part.

So there were many 'cracks' but not convinced these were papered over, with the addition(s) this summer we certainly look to be addressing the personnel problem, proper pre-season, no more Wembley ... so now it's all down to tactics ... Poch over to you.

For someone who says we need to support the current side you sure do like to put the pressure on our manager don't you?.

We have addressed one issue in the squad so far, replacing Dembele, we haven't done anything else whatsoever to support our manager and unless we sign more players before the end of the window the blame will lay at the feet of our chairman and owners if it all goes tits up, would you not agree with that?

I don't see what our manager can do to improve our position in the league on such a limited budget and when his options from the bench at times last season were incredibly poor.

Shows just how shallow your thinking is, or that perhaps you have zero business experience. or indeed maybe both those failings ...

So Spurs giving 17 players new contracts with much higher salaries is doing nothing ... paying more in bonuses than even the EPL champions paid, that's doing nothing ... providing the players with the best facilities in the EPL that's doing nothing? Frankly replying to use is like educating a ten year old ... I'm getting bored of pointing out the blindingly fuckin' obvious over and over again. Clearly you are either unwilling or unable to understand ... shame

Yes Poch could have done with 500m more to spend on players ... but then so could every other manager in the EPL as well .... 65m this window with hopefully more to come ... enjoy it

Again with the childish insults, incredibly boring, I was talking in regards to transfers this window and you know that.

Your assumption is that the stadium and facilities are about backing our manager, these projects were already being created long before Poch joined us, they have nothing whatsoever to do with backing our manager, that's to do with the development of the club overall and more importantly, making us a profitable entity, why can't you see that? These projects were going to happen, regardless of who was in charge.

Yes, these projects will have a positive effect on the footballing side of things, I am not denying that whatsoever and it could have a direct relation to our improvement along with the signing of new contracts and retaining of players.

However, what you seem to miss amongst all your posturing is that in order to continue to improve you have to continue investing in the squad and give the current staff what they want as THEY are the ones getting the direct results on the pitch, you cannot rely on all the things you have mentioned there to make us competitive, all that does is refine what we already have and whilst that's still a great thing, it doesn't mean it's the sole answer to improving.

You call me a ten year old but you seem to care more about wanting to dig your heels in about transfers not being an important factor of backing the manager than you do about what our manager is actually saying, which is, he wants players in so we can challenge for trophies.

He is around the players everyday so I trust his ability to know what we need to keep improving.

Again with the childish insults, incredibly boring, I was talking in regards to transfers this window and you know that.

No you weren't and to pretend you were just shows you up as a fraud ... you spin the same nonsense book after book

If you think spending a billion pounds is not supporting our manager - that's up to you

If you believe spending the most on transfers is all that matters - that's up to you

I don't agree so let's just leave it there .....

No you weren't and to pretend you were just shows you up as a fraud ... you spin the same nonsense book after book

If you think spending a billion pounds is not supporting our manager - that's up to you

If you believe spending the most on transfers is all that matters - that's up to you

I don't agree so let's just leave it there .....

Yes I was so stop bullshitting , you can literally see it in the sentence that you quoted

"We have addressed one issue in the squad so far, replacing Dembele, we haven't done anything else whatsoever to support our manager and unless we sign more players before the end of the window the blame will lay at the feet of our chairman and owners"

That's pretty fucking clear I am talking about transfers and this window, how do you take it as anything else when I am directly referencing us only replacing Dembele?

It's not like we have never made transfers before for Poch is it? So why would I be talking in general? It's either you lack reading comprehension or you just want to argue like a petulant child and try to misrepresent what I am saying (a common tactic with the same 5-6 posters here that share your precise views, funny that.)

Spending a billion pounds? So you think Daniel Levy and ENIC built the stadium for Pochettino? If you seriously believe that then it really is a pointless discussion to be having.

A month ago you were moaning about people not 'moving on' from the Danny Rose handball incident in the CL final, but now, 4 weeks later, you're using the Llorente one to justify your own miserable, negative take on things.
To quote you then: "Why are we still going on about the [Danny Rose] penalty incident anyway. We were not going to win that match anyway. They were always going to score and we were never going to with the quality of attacking play we put up. Move on."

Justify that volte-face, if you can. Seems to me you're just a bit of a moaning minnie, so I won't waste my time responding to your criticism of me.
Which Danny Rose penalty ? Are you high?

How is talking about moving on from some Danny Rose penalty that I havent even brought up mean I cant say we were very very lucky to go past Mancity in a thread about CL papering over the crack . Two completely different things you dimwit.

Fuck the cracks. Had we won the final I wouldn't give a shit about em. Now we lost and I still don't. Cos maybe we are never gna get over the line. So fuck it. Just drink some beavertown and be happy

Back
Top Bottom