Dilan Markanday

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Good luck to him. I wonder (if he comes good) if he'll end up being talked about more because of being of south asian descent, which is a rarity in the PL considering their proportion of the population - hopefully that doesn't get focussed on too much and he can just be his own guy.

I agree with _Keano_ _Keano_ that if he's good enough, he should be getting loaned out to a Championship or League 1 side in January. At the very least we should be using the Europa Conference League to get him some minutes if a match is dead.

This is one guy who will benefit from Conte's arrival.

Anyone can see that he is ready to challenge the first steamers.

I have not been so excited to see a young guy progress since Stevev Perryman, yes and that includes H Kane !!

Rightly handled, he could be a Hazard, Hoddle or Foden

Very few make it to the top as we can see with Sess, Clarke etc. But it is about time that we had someone come through who truly loves the club from an early age.

Please God I'm right. Steve played more than anyone, at centre midfield, right back and centre half. He should have been an England regular, but got ONE cap in Iceland. At least he got that even despite being overlooked by England manager's.

Why do I liken him to Steve ? BECAUSE Steve came into a full international team and showed the attitude that they should all have had. He ran around with purpose and his early crunching tackles made him an immediate fan favourite and ultimately a legend. And yes I am really hopeful that Markandy could do the same.
In reality, there are very few REAL legends that would appear to be willing to give blood in the fight. The other one that comes to mind is Mabbutt..............

Embarrassing, we should tell Conte to use the kids I'm sure he would love that.
He should have been in the squads for the Conference League, and for the Morecambe game. Conte doesn't historically use youth, granted, but doesn't mean we should neglect it. Should have at least got him a loan this season.

I don't understand the outrage. Club want him to extend and go out on loan to develop, much like Kane and Skippy did. He doesn't want to do that and wants to be a first team player right now, but clearly Conte doesn't think he's ready yet. His contract's almost up, I don't see how else you proceed. We have add-ons and sell-ons included. Job done.

There's a lot to throw at Levy and ENIC right now, this isn't one of those things.

I don't understand the outrage. Club want him to extend and go out on loan to develop, much like Kane and Skippy did. He doesn't want to do that and wants to be a first team player right now, but clearly Conte doesn't think he's ready yet. His contract's almost up, I don't see how else you proceed. We have add-ons and sell-ons included. Job done.

There's a lot to throw at Levy and ENIC right now, this isn't one of those things.
The outrage is because our fans think all our kids are going to blow up like Kane.

*they're not.

I’m disappointed to see Dilan go, but I wish him well. I think he should have been sent out on loan this season to get regular matches under his belt in the mens game. That would have given us a better idea on whether he could break through to our first team whilst also potentially increasing his value if we felt he wasn’t good enough.
I can’t help thinking the club is mishandling the youth setup. The best of them need to be playing regular mens football either with us or out on loan. If we don’t think they’re good enough for the Prem we need to be doing what we can to maximise their sale value rather than letting them stroll around with the U23s.

Let's pretend that Kane, Winks, Skipp, Bentaleb, KWP don't exist and that becoming an EPL player in itself (let alone an international; which the bulk of these lads have been) is not doing a hell of a lot more than "not much"
The fact that Winks exists is still here is good reason to shut down the fucking academy!!!:adegrin2:

Levy must have an eye on the huge Indian market and the commercial possibilities if Markanday actually makes the successful step up into the senior team

Embarrassing from the club. He should have 100% been given a chance in the first team. More shit management of our youth.

Sorry but there is absolutely no way Conte is putting him in the side ahead of Son, Kane or Lucas, Bergwijn, Lo Celso, Dele, Ndombele.

He's been here just over two fucking months, inherited one of the most unfit, dysfunctional teams in the league. He needs to first reverse the mire and then simultaneously assess the first team players so that he can make recommendations and plans for the future.

He could of course stuck him in this dysfunctional team, destroyed the lad's confidence for good along with his value.

If he turns out to be great then we are becoming financially strong enough to buy the lad back, if he's the lifelong Spurs fan he says he is and Conte has improved and has us competing back at the pointy end of the table again then I'm sure we would be an attractive proposition for him and one he would jump at.

Back
Top Bottom