Dilan Markanday

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What a mess. Who knows what level he eventually gets to? Might end up a Championship player, or lower than that. But at present he's probably the best player in our underage teams and he played all of 15mins in a meaningless Europa Conference group.

Ah this is the final straw for me.

I'm taking a levy out banner to the NLD!

This club is directionless from the top right down through the first team and youth teams. Spending cash on shit foreign players, not giving a chance to young players who have shown promise but happy to give a chance to other young players who haven't shown anything e.g. Scarlett and Tanganga.

The one thing I could rely on was watching the youth team play even when the first team were shit. Now you can't even do that because we have shut down avenues for them to progress here.

Think I might move to watching the women's team instead.

Just to put it in perspective Marakanday is almost exactly a year younger than Skipp. At his age last year Skipp was in the middle of an exceptional loan at Norwich and in the previous season Skipp had made 11 apps for the 1st team including Champ League.
Is it the club or Dilan's fault that he had not been more pushed forward earlier?

Last edited:
Oh my fucking life, the crying.

If you haven't grasped the concept of youth teams by now you never will.

Sign up as many as possible, some will be good enough to sell, some will be let go and 1 or 2 might make up the numbers in the 1st team. 1 in a generation is good enough to actually be first choice.
Campbell, King and Kane in the 25 years I have supported Spurs are in the last bucket.

There are 90something professional teams in England, all have academies. We are currently above 80 odd of those teams churning out kids. The odds of our kids being better than all of those is slim.

People can bitch about this but youth teams aren't all about supplying players to the first team, they're also about preparing players for selling on as well. Spurs have done pretty well at this in the last few years.

People can bitch about this but youth teams aren't all about supplying players to the first team, they're also about preparing players for selling on as well. Spurs have done pretty well at this in the last few years.
It's as much of a farce as paper straws. IE it's a "look at us, we're doing our bit" without ever really doing anything.

I suppose it's the 'permenant' nature of the transfer, without trying a loan first that feels so final.

Unless he's just only ever be Championship quality in which case, we'd be wasting our time trying him the 1st team.

I suppose it's the 'permenant' nature of the transfer, without trying a loan first that feels so final.

Unless he's just only ever be Championship quality in which case, we'd be wasting our time trying him the 1st team.
The kid wants to strike out on his own, good luck to him.

Because he'd played 125 games in one of the best leagues in Europe and was a full international I suppose.

They're not at comparable levels in their careers.
125 la liga games? That didnt sound right. So I checked. He started 30 games in la liga overall in 3 years and has around 20 something sub appearances.

I agree with the first part, but look at the fees we were getting 5, 6, 7 years ago compared to now.....

These days anything above 1m is virtually unheard of.

Congratulatuions to the club for yet another horror show.
Been thinking for a while that we should look to diversify our portfolio & branch out into the lucrative horror market

Maybe convert the stadium into a London Dungeons type venue (When NFL & Pop concerts aren't happening ofcourse)

£300 Quid Levy masks on sale in the club shop , we'll be raking it in

Back
Top Bottom