Dinamo Tbilisi Home Leg - Europa League

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Not sure how the injury situation is with some of the players, but if this XI are available, this is how I would start the game on Thursday.

Freidel

Naughton -- Dawson -- Kaboul -- Fryers

Sandro -- Carroll

Lennon -- Holtby -- Siggurdsson

Defoe

Although if Bale was still available, I'd probably start him in place of Lennon.

And possibility to give some time to Coulthirst, Stewart & Veljkovic from the bench.

The only negative about having Lloris as out number one, means I completely shit myself when I see Freidel's name selected. I think I would rather see Gommes ahead of Freidel. Our team is looking more and more accomplished with our high-line and that all goes to shit when Freidel is between the sticks. Am I being unfair?

Not sure how the injury situation is with some of the players, but if this XI are available, this is how I would start the game on Thursday.

Freidel

Naughton -- Dawson -- Kaboul -- Fryers

Sandro -- Carroll

Lennon -- Holtby -- Siggurdsson

Defoe

Although if Bale was still available, I'd probably start him in place of Lennon.

And possibility to give some time to Coulthirst, Stewart & Veljkovic from the bench.

What stands out massively is if this 11 walked out last season, then baring Bale and BAE you wouldn't have thought much different. Now it seems this is (at the moment) full of back up players/returning from injury.

Shows how much strength in depth we have.

The only negative about having Lloris as out number one, means I completely shit myself when I see Freidel's name selected. I think I would rather see Gommes ahead of Freidel. Our team is looking more and more accomplished with our high-line and that all goes to shit when Freidel is between the sticks. Am I being unfair?

Nope. You're completely spot on as far as I'm concerned, I've raised this concern myself recently. An injury to Lloris could seriously fuck up everything!!

Starting XI

-------------------------Friedal-------------------------
Naughton-----Kaboul-------Fryers----------BAE
-------------------------Sandro-------------------------
--------------Holtby---------Carroll----------Siggy
---------------------------Kane--------------------------
---------------------------Defoe-------------------------

We are 5-0 up, not sure if away goals count but we are NOT going to lose. This would not even be #Spursy it would be some sort of evil, high powered voodoo magic.

We can give all these players a run out without worrying.

The Spursiness of blowing this lead would be unprecedented, so I'm all for putting out a squad whose primary aim is to build fitness.

Friedel
Naughton - Kaboul - Fryers - Rose
---------------- Sandro
--------- Carroll ---- Holtby
Townsend ---------------------- Sig
----------------- Defoe

Bench: Lloris, Walker, Verts, Capoue, Paul, Chadli, Kane

Friedel
Naughton Kaboul Stewart Fryers
Carroll Sandro
Lennon Holtby Siggy
Defoe