Dinamo Tbilisi Home Leg - Europa League

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Missed most of the game due to family. I've heard Carroll and Holtby played well, did they both play 90 minutes? How about Kaboul, did he play 90 and how was he? Naughton, how was he playing on the left and when he got moved over, was there any noticable difference? Brad quick enough off the line or were there no real chances?

Carroll looked really solid today, really active and always looking to push the ball forward. Seemed to impress most everyone. Not sure if he'd have a regular chance to get into rotation though, but he definitely caught some attention today. Holtby had a fantastic game today, one goal and 1 assist I believe. Dembele came on for him late, but he played most of the game and looked lively the entire time. Kaboul played the full 90 and was a strong presence in the back, but really wasn't too troubled for most of the game. Naughton was fine, but frankly didn't have very much to do today, same with Brad.

The real bright spots were Defoe, Carroll, Holtby, and Sandro. Townsend had a strong game, but wasn't the presence that he was the last couple of games. Maybe it was playing on the left, the tempo, or something else but he wasn't a stand out. Certainly wasn't bad, but just didn't light up the game at all.

Missed most of the game due to family. I've heard Carroll and Holtby played well, did they both play 90 minutes? How about Kaboul, did he play 90 and how was he? Naughton, how was he playing on the left and when he got moved over, was there any noticable difference? Brad quick enough off the line or were there no real chances?

Carroll played full 90. Holtby got about 75 minutes, perfect for his fitness. They were both magnificent.

Kaboul didn't miss a beat. He looks ready to play in any fixture.

Naughton was solid, looks much improved but IMO he looked much more confident after switching to the right. Hopefully we can get some LB cover so Naughton can focus on the right.

Nothing for Friedel to deal with. He scooped up a couple of wayward thru passes but I don't think he made an actual save.

Last edited:
Naughton was solid, looks much improved but IMO he looked much more confident after switching to the right. Hopefully we can get some LB cover so Naughton can focus on the right.

I agree with you on this, Naughton has looked much improved this season. Still hoping the LB situation is settled with either BAE competing with Rose or Balz or another LB preferably older and second choice.

Sandro still seemed a little rusty to me

Totally agree but he did look athletically solid. Hopefully just a matter of getting back into a rhythm football wise.

Luckily we just have another beast to throw in :capouestare:

I agree with you on this, Naughton has looked much improved this season. Still hoping the LB situation is settled with either BAE competing with Rose or Balz or another LB preferably older and second choice.

Yeah I'm guessing we're still after Coentrao but I'm all good with Danny Rose being the starter. Balzaretti seems like solid experienced cover if we can swing that. Need some cover no matter what.

sandro was lucky to stay on the pitch! thought defoe's booking was harsh.
another win another clean sheet.

bobby s saying hello

I thought that Holtby was brilliant last night him and Carroll defo gives AVB something to think about, both of their passing was on the money. Sandro what a beast stamped his mark early on but still looks a wee bit off full fitness.

Am gonna be unpopular as I know he's revered on here but I got to criticise Defoe.

Was behind the goal in the Paxton end so only really saw this in the 2nd half but there were several times when he was chastising Kane, Carroll and Fryers for not passing to him (or directly to his feet). The amount of times he was rolling his eyes, head pointing to the sky and point at his feet was poor IMHO. As a senior player I'd expect him to be more supportive of those 3 yoof players.

The irony of it was, the majority of times (more so with Carroll and Fryers than Kane) the pass/cross was actually in to the ideal place for an intelligent striker to head to and it was Defoe's 'fault' for not being there.

Just an observation....

Am gonna be unpopular as I know he's revered on here but I got to criticise Defoe.

Was behind the goal in the Paxton end so only really saw this in the 2nd half but there were several times when he was chastising Kane, Carroll and Fryers for not passing to him (or directly to his feet). The amount of times he was rolling his eyes, head pointing to the sky and point at his feet was poor IMHO. As a senior player I'd expect him to be more supportive of those 3 yoof players.

The irony of it was, the majority of times (more so with Carroll and Fryers than Kane) the pass/cross was actually in to the ideal place for an intelligent striker to head to and it was Defoe's 'fault' for not being there.

Just an observation....
Entirely agree, which is why I am not sure I agree with AVB's assessment that Adebayor should be the one to go instead of him. Defoe has always been a selfish player. I think, for the most part, we've outgrown him. I think he's only being kept for games like this to grab less important goals, which generally is what he tends to do each year.

Anyone see Capoue and Soldado shouldering the ball to each other at Half time? Amazing skill
Does this sort of stuff happen all the time? The one plus of no beer sales for European games.

On a similar topic - thought Dinamo's navy kit looked absolutely ace!

Plain and simple - nice work from Nike - wish they're our next supplier

Back
Top Bottom