Dinamo Zagreb (a)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

tenor.gif

Who was responsible for letting the tie get switched so that the away leg was second ? And what was the justification for such a move ? I know it was something to do with the Arse having priority due to higher rating or something, but given there are no fucking fans why would it have mattered ?

Who was responsible for letting the tie get switched so that the away leg was second ? And what was the justification for such a move ? I know it was something to do with the Arse having priority due to higher rating or something, but given there are no fucking fans why would it have mattered ?

The switching of the legs had nothing to do with the result. It was the correct decision according to the rules so of course should have been made.

Rated, but honestly I'm struggling to think clearly about it because I'm so mad. CL finalists less the two years ago and now knocked out in the round of 16 Europa by a bunch of farmers. Makes me sick.

The switching of the legs had nothing to do with the result. It was the correct decision according to the rules so of course should have been made.
No doubt and no attempt to make excuses, but curious why it was not challenged and maybe just shows how weak the leadership is overall.

No doubt and no attempt to make excuses, but curious why it was not challenged and maybe just shows how weak the leadership is overall.

Challenged based on what though? The rules are clear.

Yes there are no fans but that doesn't seem like a reason to change what the rule clearly states. Maybe I am missing it and it is a big deal in the media in England but from what I have seen the only people making it a deal are a few people here. It was a clearly set out rule and challenging it likely changes nothing in terms of getting it changed or the results in the games.

I don't see it as a sign of anything really.

Hugo, Davinson, Lamela, Lucas and Kane played like professional players. They gave what they could give with their tired legs.

The players who disgraced themselves are the ones who were not in the starting XI against Woolwich.

Why would we have challenged it ?

Firstly it was in the rules, however it benefitted us really anyway.
Gave us better preparation for the NLD, and the order of the matches against Dinamo should not have caused any issues, we should have had more than enough to beat them.

The fact we fucked up both matches is not in any way as a cause of having the Dinamo matches switched, and even if we could have challenged it, it would not have been in our benefit to have done.

Last edited:
Well they didn’t challenge it, so mute point.

However given that the whole of the football cup system is based on the home / away advantage, and being away first is always the advantage in Europe, it would have an effect to have had to switch the tie. But likely given the utter rubbish we saw unlikely to result in much in the way of positive results.

Well they didn’t challenge it, so mute point.

However given that the whole of the football cup system is based on the home / away advantage, and being away first is always the advantage in Europe, it would have an effect to have had to switch the tie. But likely given the utter rubbish we saw unlikely to result in much in the way of positive results.

Maybe you could argue that in stadiums that are full, but even then I think the advantage is slight at best, but I am not sure how you can argue it with no fans.

What advantage did Zagreb get from being at home yesterday?

Maybe you could argue that in stadiums that are full, but even then I think the advantage is slight at best, but I am not sure how you can argue it with no fans.

What advantage did Zagreb get from being at home yesterday?
Impossible to say, is being at home at any stage an advantage against being away ? Probably is, your own facilities for a start. Nothing excuses what happened however way the tie is played.

Back
Top Bottom