Dinamo Zagreb Vs Tottenham, Thurs 18th March 5:55pm KO - Live on BT Sport.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think our performance tomorrow will tell us a lot about where our priorities lie. Let's see if we hold anything back.

It wouldn't surprise me if Mourinho had already made his choice before Woolwich. And his defensive tactics on Sunday were in part designed to save energy. Not just for Thursday, but all the games ahead.

I think we need to try everything to win the EL, even if that means losing a bit of focus in the PL.
TBF, we have history in sacrificing league performances for cup games, but we used to win the trophy we were going for, which made it worthwhile.

For me the Europa league is our season. The league is done and I don’t care if it’s still possible, we won’t be finishing anywhere near the top 4. We are finishing 7th at best. It’s Europa or bust for me. A massive chance to win a trophy and get in the CL at the same time.

For me the Europa league is our season. The league is done and I don’t care if it’s still possible, we won’t be finishing anywhere near the top 4. We are finishing 7th at best. It’s Europa or bust for me. A massive chance to win a trophy and get in the CL at the same time.

Hmmmm....

I think our general lack of heart will see us fall short.

I simply do not think we possess the necessary mental strength.

I hope I am wrong but no sign this season as yet and in the last few years.

Yes, the league is done. We are 6 points off 4th with 1 game in hand.

Even if we beat Villa, we will never ever make up a 3 point gap with 1/4 of the season remaining. We might as well just quit now and send the kids out to play.

And City on the EFL Final? No chance!!! We may as well not even turn up and forfeit the game. We have zero chance of beating them (except that time we beat them earlier this season, but that doesn't count...because erm, it doesn't count).

Even if we beat Villa, we will never ever make up a 3 point gap with 1/4 of the season remaining. We might as well just quit now and send the kids out to play.

And City on the EFL Final? No chance!!! We may as well not even turn up and forfeit the game. We have zero chance of beating them (except that time we beat them earlier this season, but that doesn't count...because erm, it doesn't count).

Cool story mate. I’m a realist and I can see this team in a final against City haven’t got a hope in hell. I also can see with our form all season, we also haven’t got a hope in hell getting top 4. If you believe we can do , then fair play to you. You will only be left disappointed come end of the season.

I'm not getting my hopes up for the final, I'm just going to try and enjoy it. I think top 4 is probably a bust too, but there's still a slim chance. 5th and a Europa League place may happen, but that probably depends on the team's around us and who gets the other European spots. EL isnt as good as CL, but it's better than nothing.

Last edited:
Cool story mate. I’m a realist and I can see this team in a final against City haven’t got a hope in hell. I also can see with our form all season, we also haven’t got a hope in hell getting top 4. If you believe we can do , then fair play to you. You will only be left disappointed come end of the season.

There is 1/4 of the season still to play!!! GLC is fit again. Don't give up!! A 3 point gap if F*ck all with 30 still to play for.

Back
Top Bottom