Dinamo Zagreb Vs Tottenham, Thurs 18th March 5:55pm KO - Live on BT Sport.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

ledley caretaker ..... same outgoings as currently is....
Apart from Arthur Rowe & Bill Nic, all our subsequent ex-players have made shocking Managers for us (Ok, maybe Venables wasn't so bad a manager!)

Ardiles, Hoddle, Sherwood..... they've all been unmitigated disasters! We even tarnished Perryman, Hughton and Clive Allen as assistant coaches!

Ledley has got his job cut out if he took over!

That cunt Levy has given more backing to Mourinho during difficult spells than he did to Mauricio Pochettino in five years.
sad ben affleck GIF

If/when jose is sacked. We should start from scratch and get rid of the deadwood first.
Yes, absolutely. Been preaching it for some time. Get the loser's mentality out of here. This is part of why it was so bad not reinforcing during the Poch years when we were winning, like the year we moved from WHL to wembley. Players got comfortable and haven't improved from then.

Fresh blood in and start a new era with a modern coach and promising youngsters. Folks bristle because I have also advocated moving Harry on too. I have no sacred cows, in general, but otherwise how do we fund a revamp? But before it gets to that point we need to move on the absolute dross from this squad.

The team are just not knitting together. Has Jose driven the spirit out of them with his negative tactics?

Even accounting for some average players I’m still convinced that a good manager can get results from this team.

Pretty much sums it up.
Levy might claim to be a lifelong Spurs fan, but he has made bad calls with selecting his managerial staff -
sacking the better managers, and appointing duds being his worst trait

as well as sacking the managers that were doing a good job, instead of backing them with players that would make their managerial styles work.
I’m rather sanguine about this stuff. As awful as that game was, I’ve certainly had worse moments watching Spurs.

Levy is a strange fellow. For all the talk of his ruthlessness, I don’t actually think he is when it comes to the results on the pitch. I think he accommodates players and really tries to build a team.

Our problem is his ill conceived ‘pot shot’ transfers, like Bergwijn. They never come off, there’s seemingly no strategy in place and the we end up with an unbalanced, bloated squad. Our recruitment is genuinely worse than West Ham.

It’s the managers that carry the can. Sometimes (like Jose) they deserve it. But he meddles.

Personally, I’d like us to have a DoF.

Back
Top Bottom