Disagree Trolling

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Remove the 'Disagree' post rating

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
The notification thing would annoy the fuck out of me as well. That's why I assumed people got annoyed by this disagree trolling. No one really cares about the rep score etc but having to scroll through loads of pointless disagrees is messing with how people use the forum.

Here he is about to complain about the marshmallow injustice.

35b34bf428d0cf93e7385a85798fa11d.jpg

I loved a couple of weeks ago when people were posting their top scores in Crossy Road and Arc was dishing out disagrees and mocking people for spending too much time playing games.
I think I ignored that thread, but you two have a bit of history? A disagree from Arc is like a badge of honour really. I've noticed Yack the Yid and Jayc1 are the new Arc and Chicken Tonight.

Because it's seen, rightly or wrongly, as antagonistic. If someone feels strongly enough to 'disagree', surely a few words of explanation aren't too much to expect. A 'disagree' invites further comment, an 'agree' doesn't.

I actually voted to keep the disagree button but you might have changed my mind somewhat. I always saw disagree as a useful in terms of someone making a wild or cunty remark or of course a Woolwich troll hitting the forum but I guess even the most outlandish dick comment deserves a reply.

I think it would be easier if people knew how to use the disagree button, i.e click it when you really disagree with an opinion and then expain why, but it does feel like a misused tool, used more out of personal dislike rather than actually disagreement.

Having studied your response in detail, I have concluded your (mental) age is no more than 15 and for that alone, I'm out. With all due respect, mate. Evidently, I'm not the only one who believes it should remain - so perhaps you should summon for questioning the other 20-odd posters. Hey ho.

This debate (for me anyway) isn't about people being bothered when they get disagreed with. It's when good posts get nothing but neg rep, which is entirely counter-productive and a misuse of the button itself.
Why - it doesn't change the content of a supposedly quality post - it's meaningless 'bantz' or whatever description you wish to attribute. You can still read it and enjoy - why does some stupid graphic at the end of ti bother you so much? This is a football forum - people are bound to disagree on matters.

Again, looking at the poll - an opinion shared by many (unless it's all my multis voting)

:townhmm:
I only have one

I don't get worked up about it particularly, I just find it a pain in the arse to have to scroll past a fucking spastic giving me 9 disagrees for fuck all to find the alerts that I give a fuck about - quoted posts from people who wish to have a dialogue, rather than specials who get a wee semi when they click a mouse. It would make my life slightly easier to not have to do this, but I'm not sitting in a dark corner self-harming at the prospect of a disagree.

However, anyone who uses this tactic of mass disagreeing has obvious learning difficulties and should have his internet privileges taken away by his Daddy. To come on here giving it "Hey why are you getting so worked up, there's no problem here" whilst being someone that gets so hot under the collar to search out posts to disagree with, deserves a slapping from now till eternity.

Back
Top Bottom