Disagree Trolling

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Remove the 'Disagree' post rating

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Remove rep and post count. Remove avatars - have generic ones of Harry Kane or something similar

Remove all colour bar the 'Sponsor Us' button

Go all mid 70s USSR, I say

Can't believe how petty and meaningless some people's lives must be to make such a big deal of 'internet rep'

:kaboullol:

But as Millbanks Millbanks says, its fucking annoying to see perfectly good comments with a 'disagree' next to them...even things like "it's great to beat the Scum" followed by a disagree, it looks we've got a load of Goons on the board...it's fucking embarrassing. In fact the only thing more embarrassing is your comment above about peoples lives being petty and meaningless when you are the main protagonist in this sad affair which is the very fucking pinnacle of pettiness!

There are a lot of people on who think you're a bit of a twat, I didn't see it myself, but every time I see an unwarranted disagree by someones post, because you just had to have your petty little dig, I come one step closer to agreeing with them.

But as Millbanks Millbanks says, its fucking annoying to see perfectly good comments with a 'disagree' next to them...even things like "it's great to beat the Scum" followed by a disagree, it looks we've got a load of Goons on the board...it's fucking embarrassing. In fact the only thing more embarrassing is your comment above about peoples lives being petty and meaningless when you are the main protagonist in this sad affair which is the very fucking pinnacle of pettiness!

There are a lot of people on who think you're a bit of a twat, I didn't see it myself, but every time I see an unwarranted disagree by someones post, because you just had to have your petty little dig, I come one step closer to agreeing with them.
Why should a little graphic at the bottom affect your appreciation of a good post? I couldn't care less what you think of me, tbh - this thread is nothing more than another platform for intellectual behemoths such as yourself to launch a 'few' and sas to others 'how it should be done'. I'm right - you're wrong. Sure thing, buddy . If you judge a post's quality by its rep - more fool you, mate. The highest repped post currently on TFC is done by a Saints fake troll cunt - says it all.

Its like reeling him in!

he's like these creatures.

GqPTKnv.gif

Votes are too close - looks like, I'll have to send some PMs - GAG-style, baby

:townhmm:

My best friend sammyspurs sammyspurs will be along shortly with his crucial vote, I believe in him

Why does it bother you so much - most of the time it has nothing to do with you. You can still read / enjoy the post without looking at the rep at the bottom - that does not affect the quality of each post - how can you possibly even suggest that, mate? NEVER let rep preview a post for you - always read first, then make a call
I don't have the time nor patience to meander through dozens of pages. I can't get on here every day, often a thread is deep into double figures before I see it. I like to read the more detailed, measured posts - but seeing solely '3 x disagree' at the bottom of a 3000-character post does make it difficult to attempt to read. I would expect it to be a load of shit being spouted which quite frankly I don't have time to sift through. '10 x agree', '2 x disagree', I'd be more than willing as I expect it is full of insightful, fair, reasoned details that most agree with and some don't - I'd be intrigued to read the clearly debatable points they've raised.

Why should a little graphic at the bottom affect your appreciation of a good post? I couldn't care less what you think of me, tbh - this thread is nothing more than another platform for intellectual behemoths such as yourself to launch a 'few' and sas to others 'how it should be done'. I'm right - you're wrong. Sure thing, buddy . If you judge a post's quality by its rep - more fool you, mate. The highest repped post currently on TFC is done by a Saints fake troll cunt - says it all.
Evidence that he is "fake", a "troll" or a "cunt"? His post was excellent, and appreciated by most on here. And he is being proved right by Poch.

If posts cannot be judged by rep, it may as well be rid of, as otherwise what is its purpose? I personally think the positive/funny rep is useful. A quick agree/thanks when a point is raised that you appreciate. If you disagree with a post, surely the point of a forum is to discuss that point and put forward your differing views for others to consider? Just disagreeing offers nothing. I see people time and again get disagreed with and they chase the perpetrator for an answer as to why. Is that right? Who knows. But I can understand why someone would want to know why someone disagreed with their opinion. It encourages discussion and debate - the very reason we're here (or so I thought).

As Admin Admin said, it doesn't have any impact on rep, so what use is it now? None, in my opinion. The majority of the time it is misused or antagonises people when people disagree and don't say why.

As Admin Admin said, it doesn't have any impact on rep, so what use is it now? None, in my opinion. The majority of the time it is misused or antagonises people when people disagree and don't say why.
I don't think that's a call for you to make - as the poll suggests - results are rather close

Piece of advice - read the post first instead of judging it by rep. It's a football forum - much like in real life (bit of a stretch for some here, granted) - people would disagree with you. Shocker, I know. Can't seem to deal with that? Perhaps this place is not for them

Back
Top Bottom