Disagree Trolling

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Remove the 'Disagree' post rating

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
There needs to be something negative. Or the positive has no value...
And you can't punish the whole class just because the slow kid can't be trusted with scissors.

Might be fun schmood,only kidding v
gospelchoir.jpg

Why should a little graphic at the bottom affect your appreciation of a good post?
It's not just a little graphic though is it, it's a statement of opinion, I often click to find out who would disagree with a very agreeable statement, maybe its someone I should be wary of getting in to a discussion with due to the nature of their opinions...but it's just you, again.
I couldn't care less what you think of me, tbh
Why not?
- this thread is nothing more than another platform for intellectual behemoths such as yourself to launch a 'few' and sas to others 'how it should be done'. I'm right - you're wrong.
Intellectual behemoth? I'm flattered fella, but to be fair my highest qualification is a GCSE C grade in German and in getting that I think I had more than just a slice of luck...I must have had the whole lucky pie.
But I don't think you can complain about whether people think it right or wrong, unless you genuinely believe the disagree button is there solely for use as something to register a personal dislike of certain individuals rather than what they have said in each instance.

The Dark Net - Unmasking the Trolls

The Truth about Trolls
In the 1989s and 1990s, as a growing number of people went online, psychologists became interested in how computers were changing our thoughts and behaviour.

In 1990 the American lawyer and author Mike Godwin proposed a natural law of Usenet behaviour; ‘As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving the Nazis or Hitler approaches.

1. In short, the more you talk online, the more likely you’ll be nasty; talk long enough and it’s a certainty. (Godwin’s Law can easily be observed today on the pages of most newspapers’ online comments boards). In 2001, John Suler’s famous Online Disinhibition Effect put forward a reason why. It listed six factors that, Suler claimed allowed users of the internet to ignore the social rules and norms at play offline. He argues that because we don’t know or see the people we are speaking to (and they don’t know or see us), because communication is instant, seemingly without rules or accountability, and because it all takes place in what feels like an alternative reality, we do things we wouldn’t in real life. Suler calls this ’toxic disinhibition’.

Sounds legit. :gylfi:

Judging by your reaction to Internet rep - I'd wager you're even less
5wFajVN.gif

Look at me folks, I'm running scared. Terrified. First he called me VaginaSpur, now he's rebounding with the equivalent of "I know you are but what am I" jokes. Tail tucked between my legs, I swear. I'll never be able to show my face around here again. Bulldog boy has won.

It's not just a little graphic though is it, it's a statement of opinion, I often click to find out who would disagree with a very agreeable statement, maybe its someone I should be wary of getting in to a discussion with due to the nature of their opinions...but it's just you, again.
Agree.

But I don't think you can complain about whether people think it right or wrong, unless you genuinely believe the disagree button is there solely for use as something to register a personal dislike of certain individuals rather than what they have said in each instance.
That's the issue. Rep is given REGARDLESS of what a post says, not based on its content. If they have no interest in what each of them have to say, why not use the ignore feature?

Oh wait, that's nowhere near as fun is it :paulinhobored:

Wikipedia Brown Wikipedia Brown great entertainment mate :avbshit:

Back
Top Bottom