Discussion of Kane's bad points?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Not sure why we’ve got a discussion for Kane’s bad points and not Sissoko’s bad points.

Exhibit A.

3.png

A very bad point.

The fact that most are struggling to find bad points should be a sign of how good Kane really is.
Well, two problems with this calculus. The first being they aren't really 'bad points' in that they hurt the team or negate things we want to do on the field (Dele, Sissoko, Winks, etc have bad points that hurt us). But there are things in his skillset that are bettered by other players and may play to our advantage if we had them...it's a balance. But there is nothing that Harry does that isn't at the very least equaled by other strikers. He has no outstanding individual quality/skill that makes him a danger to any CB. Grant Hanley (?) will agree.

And the second is that 'most' are not 'struggling' to make the case. Most don't want to make the case as he is our player and others are not desirous our even having the convo or allowing others to have it. I don't 'struggle' to make the case as I prefer to evaluate players objectively.

I would have been more than happy to see Harry moved on a few seasons ago (post CL final) and, with a plan, the club move forward with a rebuild and new vision. And right about now we would be reaping the benefits of that new project and not recovering from the dino's era. But then again that might mean Poch would still be here and your knickers would then be all atwist. :sonpoint:

Well, two problems with this calculus. The first being they aren't really 'bad points' in that they hurt the team or negate things we want to do on the field (Dele, Sissoko, Winks, etc have bad points that hurt us). But there are things in his skillset that are bettered by other players and may play to our advantage if we had them...it's a balance. But there is nothing that Harry does that isn't at the very least equaled by other strikers. He has no outstanding individual quality/skill that makes him a danger to any CB. Grant Hanley (?) will agree.

And the second is that 'most' are not 'struggling' to make the case. Most don't want to make the case as he is our player and others are not desirous our even having the convo or allowing others to have it. I don't 'struggle' to make the case as I prefer to evaluate players objectively.

I would have been more than happy to see Harry moved on a few seasons ago (post CL final) and, with a plan, the club move forward with a rebuild and new vision. And right about now we would be reaping the benefits of that new project and not recovering from the dino's era. But then again that might mean Poch would still be here and your knickers would then be all atwist. :sonpoint:
Around 33 percent of all the goals we scored last season were scored by just one player, Harry Kane.

It's quite obvious that we are highly dependent on him and instead of hoping to offload him I would have hoped that we could instead facilitate his goal scoring by providing better supporting midfielders.

You claim that he has no one outstanding skill but I disagree, his passing is some of the best in the Premier league.

I don't see anyone preventing any user from stating Kane's bad points, now Poch on the other hand....

Around 33 percent of all the goals we scored last season were scored by just one player, Harry Kane.
Awesome. So for the 7th placed team in the PL for 2020-21 HK, the team's striker/star player, scored a significant amount of goals. What else am I to gain from this new knowledge?
It's quite obvious that we are highly dependent on him
Yes, he's the best of a bad bunch and by the looks of it...
and instead of hoping to offload him I would have hoped that we could instead facilitate his goal scoring by providing better supporting midfielders.
...you would like us to become even more dependent on him until we reach our final form of the true "Harry Kane team". Can't wait! And I bet you were angry (and probs still angry as I see you can hold a grudge! lol) at Pep when he said it.

But is this the ideal for you? You know, get better players around Harry so he can score more of our goals? Wouldn't that make it easier to defend us if we are relying on 1 player to tap them in when that one player has no inherent threat to his game otherwise? I know Igula Igula thinks this way. But do you really want to have to say he's right? I didn't think you did so thanks in advance for coming around to my point of view. :pochlol:
You claim that he has no one outstanding skill but I disagree, his passing is some of the best in the Premier league.
Yes, when provided time and space Harry can see and place a pass. But is that the outstanding skill you want from your striker that you've just previously said you want to build the team around for his goals? And beyond that I stated no skill that is not at least equaled by others. I'm not saying that he can't do things. I'm jsut saying that others can as well and they bring with them actual qualities for CBs to fear like pace, mobility, 1v1, aerial, and holdup ability, etc. Harry doesn't have these things. Harry is Rooney but you folks just haven't figured it out yet. We've got the lump in the center and the high flying hollywood balls already. We're seeing the poor displays as the central figure in the England fixtures. Now we just need you folks to catch up.

Did you watch the France-Portugal game? How unsettled did Portugal's backline look with Benzema all over the field and Mbappe braced to run in behind? It wouldn't matter if we had the ball playing ability of Pogba we still couldn't play that way because Harry can't get around the pitch.
I don't see anyone preventing any user from stating Kane's bad points,
TBF I said most don't even want to have the convo. Others are dismissive...like they've been of so many things that have been easy to call. And I know this because I've called them.:pochsmirk:
now Poch on the other hand....
Now you shut your mouth about Poch dammit! I'll not hear a bad word out your mouth about my lord and savior. He will return like a Easter Sunday and I will seek out your repentance.:wansum:

Last edited:
The only bad point is that he's so much better than the entire rest of the squad.
Ehh not really.

Son was neck and neck with Kane for most of the season.

Bale didn’t get much playing time but on a per minute basis may have been close to Kane as far as goal contributions. I really think our season would have been different had Bale gotten more playing time.

PEH was a stud for majority of the season and was arguably our most important player because of his work rate and defensive work.

Hugo is still a top keeper.

Back
Top Bottom