Djed Spence

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

My dad and son are forest fans so I watched them a lot last season, spence was very impressive. Small things such as always getting a throw in or a corner if he can’t get a cross in. Shit that royal and sess can’t seem to grasp. Definitely worth 15 million.
Also in relation to the jump from championship to PL , where does the championship relate against European leagues? I’d put it higher thann the French and Portuguese and probably on a par with the bundesliga.
Got to agree seen a bit of him last Year and he has all the qualities Conte wants in a RWB he is quick powerful gets up and down all day and has a bit of skill also. I thinks he will surprise a lot of fans and I think he will play a lot next season

I don't know if I can take another signing.........

Too much, too much, too much for my brain to handle
Get Out Of Your Own Way Mind Blown GIF by Aurora Consulting - SBA EIDL Experts

So, fwiw the ITK is suggesting we're not prepared to meet Gibson's fee, and Levy has instructed Paratici to move on to other targets on the RWB list.

This may be 100% correct.

But it seems Spence has decided he wants to join the famous Spurs, so if he kicks off & refuses to go elsewhere, that may force Gibson's hand. I don't think Gibson has many other ways of raising £15m for whatever players Wilder wants to bring in.

So, fwiw the ITK is suggesting we're not prepared to meet Gibson's fee, and Levy has instructed Paratici to move on to other targets on the RWB list.

But it seems Spence has decided he wants to join the famous Spurs, so if he kicks off & refuses to go elsewhere, that may force Gibson's hand. I don't think Gibson has many other ways of raising £15m for whatever players Wilder wants to bring in.
No chance we don't sign him. Spence want to join Spurs specifically, Conte wants him, and Boro want to sell him. It's just a matter of finding the payment structure.

Gibson has no leverage, Boro think Spence is a tit and Wilder has already acknowledged he won't be back for preseason. No one else seems to be in for him, Nottingham have already moved on and bought another RB. I'm sure that is what Levy is thinking.

At the same time, we've clearly identified him as our main RWB target and there's been almost no other links unlike other positions. We unfortunately need him because of our homegrown shortage, unless we're going to get Lingard, or spend double the money on a player like Guehi.

Plus, wingbacks are so important for Conte's system, he wants his team there for preseason/Korea trip, and Spence is a young lad who could massively benefit from a Conte preseason.

If the current difference is 5m, is it really worth it to fuck around with Gibson about it considering our significant cash injection? If it was a largely, pricier deal, I'd understand the caution. But that sum is going to impact our other transfer plans. Knowing that Levy is negotiating it, it feels far more like this stalemate is about his ego and getting one over Gibson than doing what is best for the club.

But who knows, maybe Paratici has another RWB lined up that we'd all be thrilled with. But considering how we've operated this summer, it feels a bit silly to not get this one done if it is a priority over 5m.

Gibson has no leverage, Boro think Spence is a tit and Wilder has already acknowledged he won't be back for preseason. No one else seems to be in for him, Nottingham have already moved on and bought another RB. I'm sure that is what Levy is thinking.

At the same time, we've clearly identified him as our main RWB target and there's been almost no other links unlike other positions. We unfortunately need him because of our homegrown shortage, unless we're going to get Lingard, or spend double the money on a player like Guehi.

Plus, wingbacks are so important for Conte's system, he wants his team there for preseason/Korea trip, and Spence is a young lad who could massively benefit from a Conte preseason.

If the current difference is 5m, is it really worth it to fuck around with Gibson about it considering our significant cash injection? If it was a largely, pricier deal, I'd understand the caution. But that sum is going to impact our other transfer plans. Knowing that Levy is negotiating it, it feels far more like this stalemate is about his ego and getting one over Gibson than doing what is best for the club.

But who knows, maybe Paratici has another RWB lined up that we'd all be thrilled with. But considering how we've operated this summer, it feels a bit silly to not get this one done if it is a priority over 5m.
You don’t lose a sale you want over 2-3%.

You certainly don’t pay an extra 40% - 50% over value when you’re the only buyer.

Last edited:
Well, we’ll see if you lot have the same feelings about 5m when Paratici is negotiating to sign Adama Traore as an alternative next week. :contelol:

You don’t lose a sale you want over 2-3%.

You certainly don’t pay an extra 40% - 50% over value when you’re the only buyer.
You don't pay and extra 40%50% and Daniel levy certainly won't, that's why it's ITK bull shit. If there's a differential to be made up we will simply structure incentives that meet there demands and mean we have struck gold with player. As we have win major silverware. You dibr think its odd that the on going negotiations of neither the Bissouma Perisic or Richarlison deals were reported in this detail but this is known? I don't buy it for a second.

Even with the cash injection we shouldn’t be letting these small time clubs try to pull a fast one on us because they know we have money. Like you said that dumb cunt Gibson has no leverage he can either take the 15 mil that he quoted Forest or he’s shit out of luck

No chance we don't sign him. Spence want to join Spurs specifically, Conte wants him, and Boro want to sell him. It's just a matter of finding the payment structure.
I have no qualms about Levy pressing the advange on this deal. Boro think they've hit jackpot cos it's one of the big PL clubs, and started fucking around. Levy should put his foot down and make it clear that he won't be taken for a ride.

Spece isn't an elite PL talent, and a key piece of the puzzle for us, like Bissouma.

We've already hugely overpaid for Richarlison. I expect we'll have to do the same if we do go Bastoni/Gvardiol again next season. So no reason to blow our load on this kid.

Back
Top Bottom