Djed Spence

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We've already hugely overpaid for Richarlison. I expect we'll have to do the same if we do go Bastoni/Gvardiol again next season. So no reason to blow our load on this kid.
We haven't hugely overpaid for Richarlison. He's the most important player for a Premier League side, is 25 and Evetton bought him from Watford for £40M as a much less consistent player than he is now.

As for Spence not being an elite PL talent, the kid has bags of potential. He's physical, unlike Sess when we signed him, and he's also very, very technical with the ball with his feet. He's a raw diamond, so he'll need a ton of work, but if we unlock his potential he's going to be an incredible signing.

Last edited:
Seems like spending 3-5m on your first choice player (we’ve been linked to no one else) at a position of significant weakness and getting him in for preseason would be a thing that would make your extremely demanding coach happy and might put you on the right foot footballing wise.

But some of you have clearly been Levy-pilled. Saving insignificant amounts (3-5m is not changing our transfer window trajectory) and “winning negotiations does very little of value for our club except flatter our chairman’s ego. Wasn’t the whole point of this window to not behave like this and focus on fielding a competitive footballing side?

If Paratici has another option that he thinks is better value or this posturing than fair play. But I really don’t like idea of not having a new RWB in for preseason, especially considering the relatively trivial amounts at play. Conte has made clear what he wants, players in for preseason.

How long until someone says "Levy should just pay the extra £5m for Spence"?

Seems like spending 3-5m on your first choice player (we’ve been linked to no one else) at a position of significant weakness and getting him in for preseason would be a thing that would make your extremely demanding coach happy and might put you on the right foot footballing wise.

But some of you have clearly been Levy-pilled. Saving insignificant amounts (3-5m is not changing our transfer window trajectory) and “winning negotiations does very little of value for our club except flatter our chairman’s ego. Wasn’t the whole point of this window to not behave like this and focus on fielding a competitive footballing side?

If Paratici has another option that he thinks is better value or this posturing than fair play. But I really don’t like idea of not having a new RWB in for preseason, especially considering the relatively trivial amounts at play. Conte has made clear what he wants, players in for preseason.

Didn’t take long.

You’re right. If we negotiate instead of not just paying out right whatever they want then our season is over before it started.

Especially for a RWB who isn’t even guaranteed to be the starter

Wonder if you said the same about Sess, Emerson, Lo Celso, NDombele etc. Bergwijn seemed a pretty fair price at 30m too right?

My dad and son are forest fans so I watched them a lot last season, spence was very impressive. Small things such as always getting a throw in or a corner if he can’t get a cross in. Shit that royal and sess can’t seem to grasp. Definitely worth 15 million.
Also in relation to the jump from championship to PL , where does the championship relate against European leagues? I’d put it higher thann the French and Portuguese and probably on a par with the bundesliga.

Finally getting a player that will win us throw ins.....

:kanegoal:

Well, we’ll see if you lot have the same feelings about 5m when Paratici is negotiating to sign Adama Traore as an alternative next week. :contelol:
I’d almost washed that nasty thought from my head. From where we were, with some complaining about not signing Traore, to where we are now is chalk and cheese.
the office no GIF

Wasn’t Traore unwilling to play RWB in any event?
He’s a fucking donkey and should have been happy to get a gig with us. His dream move hasn’t really worked out as soon as Barca realised what a load of crap he is.
We'll have to agree to disagree about Traore.
Ant could make him into a superstar.

Wonder if you said the same about Sess, Emerson, Lo Celso, NDombele etc. Bergwijn seemed a pretty fair price at 30m too right?
I think this is an exceptional window though. We are overhauling the squad with a real elite coach in charge. Giving him a full preseason with as many of the new signings as possible might allow us to do something special. In this specific context, a couple of million is a trivial amount.

Finally getting a player that will win us throw ins.....

:kanegoal:
It sounds pathetic but it’s small differences. We have match winners, we just need to make a few % improvements on last seasons weak areas to add another 15 points…. Better centre mid, depth, set piece improvements, full season of Kulu, work rate and tackling of Richarlison, goals from WB’s, even throw ins and that’s not considering a full season of Conte which is a vast improvement on this fraudulent, mute imposter:

:nunothumb:

We could realistically rack up another 15/20 points imo

Back
Top Bottom