Djed Spence

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It sounds pathetic but it’s small differences. We have match winners, we just need to make a few % improvements on last seasons weak areas to add another 15 points…. Better centre mid, depth, set piece improvements, full season of Kulu, work rate and tackling of Richarlison, goals from WB’s, even throw ins and that’s not considering a full season of Conte which is a vast improvement on this fraudulent, mute imposter:

:nunothumb:

We could realistically rack up another 15/20 points imo
Conte averaged 2 pts per PL game from starting with us. Took over a team in a complete mess.
Kane never turned up till Xmas. Romero missed half a season.
With the squad now I would think we are well capable of around 85 points. Are City and Liverpool going to come back 7 or 8 pts. It’s possible. Sterling and Jesus out. Quite a few goals to find. Grealish won’t get them. Harland will take time to get his head round their system.

Conte averaged 2 pts per PL game from starting with us. Took over a team in a complete mess.
Kane never turned up till Xmas. Romero missed half a season.
With the squad now I would think we are well capable of around 85 points. Are City and Liverpool going to come back 7 or 8 pts. It’s possible. Sterling and Jesus out. Quite a few goals to find. Grealish won’t get them. Harland will take time to get his head round their system.
Agree - they (City) have been incredible but have to have a bad run at some point like Liverpool did 2 years ago when they lost VDV. Need them to drop a fair fee at the start - they generally start slowly and build momentum

Liverpool have less contingency in squad than City

85 will bury Goons, Chelsea and Utd but I have eyes on winning it and if Conte can do it with Chelsea, he can with us

I defo think we should sign him but it’s stupid to say he’s a huge upgrade.

No he’s not.

If he meets his potential he would be but there’s no guarantees.

And it’s not done yet because Gibson is being a greedy fat wanker.
Stylistically he is an upgrade…. He might not hit world class heights but having someone dynamic who can carry the ball quickly and take the ball under pressure is a huge step up

Can he defend? No guarantee

Stylistically he is an upgrade…. He might not hit world class heights but having someone dynamic who can carry the ball quickly and take the ball under pressure is a huge step up

Can he defend? No guarantee

Like I said, he is definitely NOT a huge upgrade at this stage of his career.

If our RWBs are Doherty/Royal/Spence, I don’t think that makes him our number 1 RWB.

He’ll compete though, for sure.

It sounds pathetic but it’s small differences. We have match winners, we just need to make a few % improvements on last seasons weak areas to add another 15 points…. Better centre mid, depth, set piece improvements, full season of Kulu, work rate and tackling of Richarlison, goals from WB’s, even throw ins and that’s not considering a full season of Conte which is a vast improvement on this fraudulent, mute imposter:

:nunothumb:

We could realistically rack up another 15/20 points imo
If it's one thing Richarlison doesn't lack it's work rate. And his tackling is pretty good too.

If it's one thing Richarlison doesn't lack it's work rate. And his tackling is pretty good too.
That’s my point. Son and Kane don’t really win the ball or press (Kane used to) where-as having a pest like Rich will help us turnover the ball and spring Kane and Son in before oppenents get banked up

I'll probably be made to look stupid but I am really struggling to get excited about this potential transfer. Not sure what it is, I just think we need more of an attacking player at wingback on that side. Happy to be proved wrong of course.

I'll probably be made to look stupid but I am really struggling to get excited about this potential transfer. Not sure what it is, I just think we need more of an attacking player at wingback on that side. Happy to be proved wrong of course.
That's fair but I guess we gotta trust the manager on this one, he seems to have a knack out of getting players who aren't perceived good enough up to a high standard and in particular at RWB, I haven't seen a lot of Spence but I guess he has the raw tools that Conte can work with...

Spence is an attacking RWB...

:ledley:
Just waiting for a member of the football Illuminati* to chime in and tell us that Spence isn't a wing back, he's a full back, and that the two are entirely different positions that could not possibly both be mastered by just one man...

*1000% owns a subscription to The Athletic.

Conte will do a Moses on DJed. Moses was being lent out season after season. With Conte a few months and player of the year in a PL winning team. My faith not so much in DJed as in Conte.

He’s got obvious potential with that athleticism but very clumsy in possession at times. It’s a necessary move due to the HG factor with the hope of Conte developing what he has.

Still do think there’s a high likelihood we struggle a bit in that position unless we sign another RWB or Spence exceeds expectations.

Back
Top Bottom