Djed Spence

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He’s got obvious potential with that athleticism but very clumsy in possession at times. It’s a necessary move due to the HG factor with the hope of Conte developing what he has.

Still do think there’s a high likelihood we struggle a bit in that position unless we sign another RWB or Spence exceeds expectations.

Yeah after last season and how much of a big deal was made by everyone about wingback being so important I am surprised we haven't pushed for it more in that position. Whilst I don't expect us to be able to get a player of Perisic's class for that side, I was hoping we would bring someone in. Maybe Conte is just happy enough with what he has, but knowing him I would be surprised.

Why the fuck have we not got this one done now? This fellow is a huge upgrade

No he isn't, he has potential to be good but saying hes an upgrade after hes had a handful of decent games is embarrassing.
He's basically Sessengon on the right....
Huge potential, but might (like Sess) take a while to bed in... But, like Sess, probably will eventually.

I think Conte can see the same potential, and maybe, just maybe, is planning for the longer term future (even if he isn't part of it!)

Huge potential, but might (like Sess) take a while to bed in... But, like Sess, probably will eventually.

I think Conte can see the same potential, and maybe, just maybe, is planning for the longer term future (even if he isn't part of it!)
Think he's a bit further on physically than sess.. who's only just been able to handle the physical side of the prem... don't think he'll have that problem from what I've seen... He's an intelligent footballer .. Wether that can transpose from the championship to the prem.. time will tell... If nothing else hopefully He'll bring good competition to Emerson and Doherty... Neither have given us the total package down that side... So we'll see.

I'll probably be made to look stupid but I am really struggling to get excited about this potential transfer. Not sure what it is, I just think we need more of an attacking player at wingback on that side. Happy to be proved wrong of course.

I get where you are coming from..... It was one of the key positions where it was hoped that the right signing would elevate the first XI.

Unlike LWB & CM; we appear to be signing a Padowan rather than a Jedi.

Yeah after last season and how much of a big deal was made by everyone about wingback being so important I am surprised we haven't pushed for it more in that position. Whilst I don't expect us to be able to get a player of Perisic's class for that side, I was hoping we would bring someone in. Maybe Conte is just happy enough with what he has, but knowing him I would be surprised.

We can't buy what's not out there tho'..... None of the Fifa-types on here have any ideas; bright or otherwise.

Edit: There's Singo, but he's pretty much the same profile.

We can't buy what's not out there tho'..... None of the Fifa-types on here have any ideas; bright or otherwise.

Edit: There's Singo, but he's pretty much the same profile.

I don’t watch enough football nowadays to have an alternative. He impressed me in the cup games but I just think for the champions league we need more.

Any 'future' signings are more likely to be Paratici's influence..... He already bagged 2 last year (Sarr & Gil).

Big difference. Spence has got confidence coming out of his ears. Sess often looks like the whole thing is too much for him. He did improve though at the end of the season.

Do y'all thing Spence is a nailed on starter?
I’ve not seen him play for one solitary minute but he’ll definitely be the best wingback in the premier league next year. Gary will be forced to pick him as captain for the World Cup and he’ll win player of the tournament, golden boot and the Grand National.

It's a gamble buying from the Championship but I think Spence has a couple of more gears, and will impress in the PL. The fact he produced top perfomances against PL sides (Woolwich, Leicester and Liverpool) is a good sign. I'd be disappointed if we don't get him.

I haven't watched him much live, but from the highlights I've seen of Forest he looks good, a winger type fullback like Lamptey, but benefiting a lot from Cooper's system. I'm not sure he's worth £20m. That's where our scouts should sit and watch full matches of his, and then decide what his ceiling is.

Unfortunately our domestic competition means we need to be rivalling Reece James, Cancelo and TAA. I don't think Spence at RB is quite the level we should be looking at.

I haven't watched him much live, but from the highlights I've seen of Forest he looks good, a winger type fullback like Lamptey, but benefiting a lot from Cooper's system. I'm not sure he's worth £20m. That's where our scouts should sit and watch full matches of his, and then decide what his ceiling is.

Unfortunately our domestic competition means we need to be rivalling Reece James, Cancelo and TAA. I don't think Spence at RB is quite the level we should be looking at.
Fair points, but the market for Right Back this summer is shocking due to people not moving & injuries etc. I think he's the best available option and also homegrown so worth the punt.

Back
Top Bottom