Djed Spence

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Sing a I song of sixpence a pocket full of rye,

We have signed a Boro footballer, who likes to eat pies.

When the pies were gone, Spence began to sing,

Tottenham come and get me, ring a wing ding

Levy was in his counting house, counting out his money,

The Boro Chairman was in his parlor saying "here I am honey"

When the dust had settled, and both had indeed their fill.

The deal was finally done and Spence was taken off the sill.

Confused Little Girl GIF

Not to pick nits, but it really ought to be The Sixth, Spence.

We've not had 5 other Spences, FFS

:pocheyes:
Here are the full names of our other 5 signings:

Fraser Spencer Forster
Ivan Perispencic (shortened it to Perisic when he left Croatia)
Richarlison Andrade Spencinho do Nascimento
Yves Bissouma (known in Mali as Yves Sixpence)
Clement "le Spenc" Lenglet

So yeah, he's our sixth Spence.

Pay attention, dude!

"I appreciate the warm welcome. Obviously my first game here so I really appreciate it and I just can't wait to get going."

"It was a good day for the team, a good day for myself, so very happy to get the three points."

"I guess it is just something new for me,"

"I have got to learn but I am working hard to improve, working hard to get in the team and hopefully I can get some run of games soon."

"Definitely my tactical side [has improved since arriving]. I am learning a lot from training and learning a lot from the guys, so I am learning a lot at the moment."

On that 'club signing' comment, Spence simply said: "I didn't really see it. I don't really pay attention. I just train, you know pay attention to my football and train hard"

"I am hopeful [of more game time], but I have just got to be patient and when my time comes I've just got to take it,"

"I've just got to take it as it comes. It can take time or be quick [to get your chance], so it is what it is."

"I always believe in myself but you never know what happens in football so you've just got to be patient and when the time comes, the time will come."

" I want to play not just in the cup, in the league as well so whether my first start comes in the league or the cup, I've just got to be ready,"

"Everyone has welcomed me [to the club]. There is not one specific player. All the team have welcomed me, all the staff, so it has been good. The fans have for sure and you've seen it today. I appreciate the love from everybody."

Spence has been working hard on his fitness to reach the demands Conte places on his players, in particular his wing-backs, and one man who played his part in his work off the pitch was Gian Piero Ventrone, the renowned fitness coach who passed away suddenly this month from leukaemia.

"He was a good guy, always pushing us to our limits,"

"Obviously I didn't know him as well as the other boys but what I knew from him was he was a very hard-working guy."

"He always made sure we did things right and would push ourselves to places we thought we couldn't go so yeah, he was a top guy. Yeah probably [they were probably the hardest sessions I've done], but it was good stuff."

Last edited:
I get not playing him against tougher opposition, like Liverpool next week or in CL games, but I would have thought a game like Bournemouth today would have been perfect for him.

Sing a song of sixpence a pocket full of rye,

We have signed a Boro footballer, who likes to eat pies.

When the pies were gone, Spence began to sing,

Tottenham come and get me, ring a wing ding

Levy was in his counting house, counting out his money,

The Boro Chairman was in his parlor saying "here I am honey"

When the dust had settled, and both had indeed their fill.

The deal was finally done and Spence was taken off the sill.
That won't catch on mate

Walker had generational speed/strength. Positioning didn’t matter because he could recover against anybody.

Spence is probably more developed offensively but won’t ever have Walker pace.
Kyle Walker don't work as a metric against other players. He is basically Usain Bolt who can play a bit. I remember a very long time ago fifteen years listening to a Bristish Olympic coach they asked who was the fittest person he had ever worked with. He said unequivocally it's not a sprinter it's Kyle Walker the soccer player. He is the strongest fittest person we have ever tested. His recovery and stamina are unmatched in any sport. As you can imagine it stuck with me as it was so unexpected.

Last edited:
not funny tbh and somewhat racist.
Why is it?
Why is it racist to say 2 black guys that look a bit alike, you know, look a bit alike?
A lot of people look alike. Black, white, Indian etc. It's not uncommon at all.

It's racist to say all black people look the same.
It's not at all racist to suggest 2 black guys with similar heights build, skin tone, hair style etc look similar.

Back
Top Bottom