Djed Spence

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I know what you mean... but... does this man look like a DJ to you?

images

DJ Ed Spence - Available for Weddings, Vow Renewals and Swingers Parties

Guys got slits for eyes… God is not his DJ

Conte yesterday:

"There is the new player Spence. He is a guy who has to work a lot, because to go into Tottenham it's different in the Premier League with Tottenham but in the end I'm happy."

What to make of that?
I think the positive reading is that he's pleased with Spence's potential, having seen him up close, but he wants him to improve his tactical level before he's ready to play.

One criticism of Spence last year was that he was caught out of position a fair bit, relied a lot on recovery pace and the RCB behind him. So, for sure, Conte is working on that, and saying to Spence that now you are at Spurs you have to take on board what I ask or you won't play (whereas at Forest you got away with your tactical weaknesses because they didn't have any other decent RWBs).

The 'in the end I'm happy' is the key for me though, because I think it suggests he does rate Spence and thinks he can turn him into a useful player for us.

Spence is saying all the right things.

I saw some people online on social media citing attitude as a flaw when it came to Spence but that couldn't be further away from the truth from what I've seen and heard so far. He seems hungry and ambitious and the sort of profile we need from the young players around our squad.

Conte:

"I was very clear at the start when I said this signing is a really good prospect, he’s a young player. This signing, the club wanted to invest in this player," explained the Italian ahead of the Nottingham Forest encounter. "The difference is clear. To play in the Championship with Nottingham Forest and then with Tottenham, he needs time to adapt himself in many aspects, in the physical aspect and the tactical aspect because now he is working with another coach.”

"I’m seeing a lot of desire, a lot of will, from this player to try to reduce this gap and to be ready. With a young player, it’s important to have patience, to work and then to improve. I’m sure Djed for the future will be an important player for Tottenham."

Back
Top Bottom