Djed Spence

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rumoured for months to be Spurs choice for RWB. England u21's have fixtures coming up on 7th, 10th and 13th June, so might be a week or two before any announcement.

Has made over 100 appearances in Championship split between Middlesbrough and Notts Forest, still aged 21 (22 at start of 22/23 season), was originally at Fulham academy.

Last season at Notts Forest scored 2 goals and got 5 assists in Championship.

Don't seem to be too many top quality RWB's on the market - so Conte seems to be happy to take on a younger player ... and he's HG thus taking up a spare HG space and giving Conte a slightly larger squad (2 players larger if Forster arrives to replace overseas trained Gollini).

If that's our pick for RWB then both Doc and Royal must stay. We can't go into all competitions with any combination of just two of promising kid Spence /coming back from serious injury Doc /underwhelming Royal but all three can hopefully give us different things at different stages of season and cover for each others worse spells.
Likewise we should have three for the LWB as considering Sessegnon and Reggies injury records we may end up asking 33 year old Perisic to play every PL and CL game.
Let's just use Davies where he's at his best.
With 5 subs next season we can change both wingbacks every game against tired legs and still have normal three sub options to use tactically or in case of injury.
So yeah, get him but keep (if we can't improve on) all others

Last edited:
If that's our pick for RWB then both Doc and Royal must stay. We can't go into all competitions with any combination of just two of promising kid Spence /coming back from serious injury Doc /underwhelming Royal but all three can hopefully give us different things at different stages of season and cover for each others worse spells.
Likewise we should have three for the LWB as considering Sessegnon and Reggies injury records we may end up asking 33 year old Perisic to play every PL and CL game.
Let's just use Davies where he's at his best.
With 5 subs next season we can change both wingbacks every game against tired legs and still have normal three sub options to use tactically or in case of injury.
So yeah, get him but keep (if we can't improve on) all others

There is a limit of 25 players in squad - but we will not be able to get to that number as we have too few HG players so more likely say 23 players (including 3 GK's).

So zero chance of having 3 wing backs either side - especially with 4 overseas trained players, just to many players.

We should go for his brother Mark..get a refund if unsuitable.
mtv close the door GIF by The Hills

Getting this done asap would be great, he may not be perfect but he has the traits Conte looks for, he naturally comes inside when dribbling & he has the physicality to dominate the flank
hight potential

walker was nothing special when we signed him and i think djed spence is further at his age then walker was

if conte wants him badly it shows he can mould him into one of the best rwb's

hight potential

walker was nothing special when we signed him and i think djed spence is further at his age then walker was

No; it just means the kid has qualities that he thinks he can work with.......

No doubt you'll melt regardless and want the next 'hot for five minutes' player you see on Fifa in a few weeks; but brace yourself..... Not every player Conte wants will reach god-mode.

Last edited:
In the one game I saw, he had talent but was lazy getting back and often out of position.

Concerning, but easier to teach positioning and work rate than how to play/see a weighted through ball.

hight potential

Walker had generational speed/strength. Positioning didn’t matter because he could recover against anybody.

Spence is probably more developed offensively but won’t ever have Walker pace.

Walker had generational speed/strength. Positioning didn’t matter because he could recover against anybody.

Spence is probably more developed offensively but won’t ever have Walker pace.
Walker is physically strong and aggressive too. I'm not sure Spence is.

He seemed good when we played Boro. But last game I saw from him (forest play-off) I wasn't particularly impressed. Thought he was poor. Obviously only one game.

I'm thinking more Kyle Noughton than Kyle Walker but hope I'm wrong if we get him.

Sorry just saw you mentioned strength aswell

Getting this done asap would be great, he may not be perfect but he has the traits Conte looks for, he naturally comes inside when dribbling & he has the physicality to dominate the flank
That physicality is a big part of the attraction for Conte. Ditto the Traore links. But Spence seems to have a bit more footballing intelligence, and can defend.

Walker is physically strong and aggressive too. I'm not sure Spence is.

He seemed good when we played Boro. But last game I saw from him (forest play-off) I wasn't particularly impressed. Thought he was poor. Obviously only one game.

I'm thinking more Kyle Noughton than Kyle Walker but hope I'm wrong if we get him.

Sorry just saw you mentioned strength aswell

Mate, he didn't play.......

He's been on loan at Forest all year.

Back
Top Bottom