Djed Spence

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

£20m??? Wasn't it £10m a couple of weeks ago? If we're going to have to pay inflated prices, then Winks should be £35m.

Yeh.... 12m I kept seeing........

You can imagine the pitch from M'boro though:

"Just got Forest promoted blah....."

"You paid 30m for Sessengon 3 years ago yadda....."

"You paid 25m for Emerson yet this guy's HG blah....."

Hopefully this'll be after conditional add-ons.

Boss is a forest fan and isn’t happy we might be getting him. Says the guy is brilliant as a RWB but not so good as a RB, I told him Conte only plays wing backs not full backs, his face turned sad at that point as he realised why we wanted him.

Mate, he didn't play.......

He's been on loan at Forest all year.

14 January 2020, FA Cup 3rd round, Spence played at RB for Boro, Spurs had Mourhino as manager (incidentally I think Mourhino's son was at Fulham's academy at same time as Spence and raved about him to his dad)

Tanganga made his 2nd appearance for Spurs as RB, 3 days after a surprise debut at LB v Liverpool, if that helps the memory cells, impressing not least for a lung busting 93rd minute run up the right side of the pitch despite playing 180 minutes in 3 days.

football.london understands that there is expected to be developments in the next 72 hours in the race to sign Spence with a line of suitors ready to make their move as his international break with the England U21s comes to an end on Monday night. Paratici has watched Spence play in person this season and Tottenham have identified the London-born wing-back as a potential homegrown addition.

Spurs are among the frontrunners for Djed's signature, with Borussia Dortmund, Roma, Newcastle, Brentford and Forest all interested in the young wide man. While there is an emotional connection to Forest after helping them gain promotion, Spence is understood to be attracted by the opportunity to play Champions League football, something that Tottenham and Dortmund can offer next season. football.london understands though that Spence is not keen on moving to a big club only to be loaned out elsewhere and instead wants to fight for a regular spot in the side he does move to.

(NB. A PL club cannot sign a player and then loan him out in the same window so Gold is wrong on that).

But developments in 72 hours .... maybe Gold saying Spurs are thinking of making an offer ?

I really like some of his qualities but this is a risky one. I'd think it was a great signing for the next 10 years in any other transfer window, but with Conte here we need it to be a great signing for the next season or two. Hopefully he rises to the challenge.

I really like some of his qualities but this is a risky one. I'd think it was a great signing for the next 10 years in any other transfer window, but with Conte here we need it to be a great signing for the next season or two. Hopefully he rises to the challenge.
fills oour hg quota cant go wrong with this one imo

20 mill is nothing these days

Who would you go for that could be a 'great signing for the next season or two'? Is the next Hakimi out there, ready to go? Or should we go for an old head like Meunier?

Who would you go for that could be a 'great signing for the next season or two'? Is the next Hakimi out there, ready to go? Or should we go for an old head like Meunier?
That's probably why we're going this route.. there's not many out there you'd say would definitely hit the ground running. Spence is actually brilliant at taking on his man and running forward with the ball.. it's his delivery and defending that need work. First touch can be a bit loose as well.

I wasn't too impressed by Baku this season. Nahuel Molina maybe, but he's not a sure thing by any stretch. Singo is another who's young and might struggle a bit technically. Dumfries is the one I'd say would definitely give you a lot of what you're looking for.

That's probably why we're going this route.. there's not many out there you'd say would definitely hit the ground running. Spence is actually brilliant at taking on his man and running forward with the ball.. it's his delivery and defending that need work. First touch can be a bit loose as well.

I wasn't too impressed by Baku this season. Nahuel Molina maybe, but he's not a sure thing by any stretch. Singo is another who's young and might struggle a bit technically. Dumfries is the one I'd say would definitely give you a lot of what you're looking for.
bet you Dumfries is man u bound

Back
Top Bottom