Djed Spence

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This boy seems like he's got a bit about him, attitude wise. That's great, hopefully we won't sign anymore Sessegnon types who seem scared to play.

Perisic and Spence gives us a lot more drive and aggression in the wide areas, complete opposite to Sessegnon and Emerson.

This boy seems like he's got a bit about him, attitude wise. That's great, hopefully we won't sign anymore Sessegnon types who seem scared to play.

Perisic and Spence gives us a lot more drive and aggression in the wide areas, complete opposite to Sessegnon and Emerson.

Sessegnon is fine and last season was his best for us by a big margin.

Being able to be part of a team that took us into the CL should also add to his confidence levels.

Players like people possess different attributes, and as long as they are contributing in a fashion that gives us the requisite balance, I am all for it.

Plus, if we do get in a young(ish) player with potential, then he has ANTONIO CONTE and his team to work with, and realise that potential....

Not Nuno or Sherwood...

Even Jose would play the kids, (maybe just to prove a point that he encouraged Youth) but how many young players did he actually coach to the point where he improved them?

Sessengon was going nowhere (well, out the door mainly) under our previous managers.... I know he had injuries, but surely that's also a symptom of training/fitness levels not being properly implemented.
Under Conte, he's flourished (albeit he had another injury to deal with!)

I'll be interested to see if Conte sees enough potential in the likes of Jack Clarke, or Pape Sarr to keep have them in the squad next season with a view to improving them?

What qualities are people seeing that make us think he’ll be the ideal wing back under Conte? I haven’t watched him a bunch but he doesn’t appear that technically gifted. He’s athletic but I’m not seeing supremely fast. He really looks a lot like Royal. So if we swap him for Royal I’m pretty sure we’ve atleast gotten worse in the short term. Royal has his limitations but he got better as the year progressed and showed he can play against the big boys while Spence was playing in the championship. In Conte and Paratici I trust but I hope this is more of one for the future. Or maybe this is all about the homegrown.
Only seen him a few times but his strengths seemed to be carrying the ball and attacking, the opposite of Royal imo.

Sessegnon is fine and last season was his best for us by a big margin.

Being able to be part of a team that took us into the CL should also add to his confidence levels.

Players like people possess different attributes, and as long as they are contributing in a fashion that gives us the requisite balance, I am all for it.
All true but i think meaningless-friendly is right. At their age i used to play like sessegnon, i was good but got bullied too much by better players, then one day something suddenly clicked and my attitude changed. I can only really describe it as “fuck you, the ball is MINE!” and i was then a much better player. Spence already has that dominance.

Walker had generational speed/strength. Positioning didn’t matter because he could recover against anybody.

Spence is probably more developed offensively but won’t ever have Walker pace.
Kyle Walker don't work as a metric against other players. He is basically Usain Bolt who can play a bit. I remember a very long time ago fifteen years listening to a Bristish Olympic coach they asked who was the fittest person he had ever worked with. He said unequivocally it's not a sprinter it's Kyle Walker the soccer player. He is the strongest fittest person we have ever tested. His recovery and stamina are unmatched in any sport. As you can imagine it stuck with me as it was so unexpected.

Last edited:
That goal is exactly why we want to sign him. Aggression going forward and running with purpose.

I'm sure that's correct. Looking at all the clips going round my worry with him isn't his attacking skills but whether his defending is good. But he'll be next to Romero who I think will cover him nicely and between Conte and Persic I can see him getting a lot of tuition on defending - and I think defending is a lot easier to teach than attacking.

That’s the way, Djed-Hoptep Spence
We like it
Djed-Hoptep Spence
That’s the way Djed-Hoptep Spence
We like it
Djed-Hoptep Spence.

Really rolls off the tongue.

:dude: :dwi:
A ditty for 10 years time when this young man is anointed the next king of WHL. To the tune of Robin Hood and his Merry Men (in homage to the year in the forest of sherwood - not Tim's forest) :

Djedley Spence, Djedley Spence
Bombing down the wing
Loves a bit of bling
Loved by the Spurs
Smashing the Chavs
Djedley Spence, he'll mend your fence, Djedley Spence.....

Sorry Ledley 👑have had a few!

A ditty for 10 years time when this young man is anointed the next king of WHL. To the tune of Robin Hood and his Merry Men (in homage to the year in the forest of sherwood - not Tim's forest) :

Bombing down the wing
Loves a bit of bling
Loved by the Spurs
Smashing the Chavs
Djedley Spence, he'll mend your fence, Djedley Spence.....

Sorry Ledley 👑have had a few!
"The D is silent"

Back
Top Bottom