Djed Spence

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This has rattled a few Boro cages.

premier league football GIF by BT Sport

Who’s going to agree that Spence will be 1st choice RWB within a month or so?

Me not because he is necessarily a better player than Emerson or Doherty but becuase his skill set will probably fit a lot more. Obviously this is assuming he plays like he did against Woolwich and Leicester last season in the cups and run hard at players in attack and run hard tracking back.

Both him and Perisic running at players or making runs behind players will make us more difficult to play against.

My mate's an (unbiased) Woolwich fan who watches the Championship quite regularly and said that he's a quality players and he'll be starting over Emerson and Doherty in no time, guy knows his football so I trust him.

Grew up playing with Sessegnon at Fulham - love that he told Spence to “be prepared to work hard”…
:contepoint:

What does he say here at 0:47? "Through the ranks..."?

Seems like an interesting person. Confident but humble. The cigar picture made me think he's a party boy but at least he says that football is his whole life. Nice introduction.

It’s exciting but he’s got a 44% take on success in the championship. That will probably fall in thé PL against better players.

Doherty tries far fewer take ons but has a 60% success right. There’s probably an element of decision making there.

Doherty is making 50% more passes and creating 50% more chances per 90.

Spence has as many goals and assists as Doherty but he played almost 5 times more minutes. And again, at a lower level.

I think we need to temper our excitement around Spence. Good prospect but he’s not going to come in and blow what we have out the water. It’ll take time. You could argue playing with better players will help Spence but for me Doherty gets the nod in the early games.

My mate's an (unbiased) Woolwich fan who watches the Championship quite regularly and said that he's a quality players and he'll be starting over Emerson and Doherty in no time, guy knows his football so I trust him.

You sure he's a gooner?:gallashmm:

In his pomp Danny actually beat his man and tackled like he fucking meant it tbh.

In his pomp Danny was an outstanding wingback, and not only did his effort belie the fact that he wasn't even a Usain Bolt, he also was very good at winning the ball and finding space.

Goes to show how much of a players level is attributed exclusively to attitude and sheer hunger.

Back
Top Bottom