Djed Spence

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Hard to justify keeping him with Porro around .. they're both young right wing backs, neither will want to stick around as backup.

I think we'll see him on loan a lot in the next few years.

Shame, like KWP he will be decent, I think his ceiling if he has the right mentality is a lot higher than KWP.

Conte had 2 senior RBs/RWBs in the squad who both performed well at the end of the previous season and contributed to us getting top 4 - he obviously puts a lot of value in that and the players who understand what he wants of them, he's a results manager and isn't going to risk that to integrate a young inexperienced player not up to speed with what he wants, unless he's left no other choice. He's not dropped Son despite his poor form and will likely not drop Lloris either despite his. Bissouma has more of a clear pathway to first team football than Spence but has found minutes hard to come by as well.

I watched the first half closely and while he did look OK, he is VERY slow to track back. Consistently.

Standing ovation for Djed when he came off.

Antonio what the fuck were you thinking? Thank god it's just a loan...

I started watching about 3 minutes before he got hooked. He was dreadfully lacking in following his man three times. Once leading to a very good chance. Would imagine he was physically and mentally tired as he hasn't been playing.

Spence is very talented and a physical unit when he's galloping forward. I think there was something beyond just Spence's play that caused him to get such few minutes, but his play will have been an issue as well. His angles when defending are kinda poor, and he switches off after tracking an initial movement.. different things like that.. but he definitely has a future with the club .. Porro won't be a 90min, 38 game per season player. great to have multiple good options for the position

His defending for the last 10 minutes was shaky, but it's worth remembering that he hasn't even been there for a week, and it takes time to adjust to a defensive formation. He also lacks match fitness after not playing for six months, so it makes sense that he started getting winded near the end and lost his concentration.

Spence is very talented and a physical unit when he's galloping forward. I think there was something beyond just Spence's play that caused him to get such few minutes, but his play will have been an issue as well. His angles when defending are kinda poor, and he switches off after tracking an initial movement.. different things like that.. but he definitely has a future with the club .. Porro won't be a 90min, 38 game per season player. great to have multiple good options for the position
I hope playing as a fullback in Génésio’s system will help Spence defensively. But you’re right, he definitely needs to improve in that area and it shows why Conte prefer’s Emerson’s good tactical awareness and defensive positioning, even when knowing how shit on the ball he is

Yeah I 100% understand why he didn't start week in, week out. Clearly an issue with discipline in there. But I don't understand the 2 minute cameos and not even getting a shot in games where we were losing & offering nothing in the last 20/30 mins, games where a bit of chaos + physicality could turn the tide.

Back
Top Bottom