Djed Spence

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Clearly our scouting team don't look at basic things like attitude, mentality, application and basic fucking professionalism.

I'd have thought they would be amongst the most important traits in a player but what the fuck do I know...

There has been some rumours we like the look of Archie Gray. Doubt it, but I wonder if that’s got something to do with it. We want to sign Gray and send him back there on loan but they haven’t got enough spaces to do that if they keep Spence.
Every top club in the country would be in for Gray if they were selling, would prob cost 40-50m.

I think there's every point. All the signs suggest its his attitude that is the problem. We've got to do our due diligence better in future. The warning signs were there. Wasn't it £20m that we spent on him not 10? That's a lot of money down the drain if so.
Reported initially as 12m up to 20. Loan him with option or obligation to buy for 8m. Always someone out there who thinks they can sort him out. We don’t need all that crap.

Clearly our scouting team don't look at basic things like attitude, mentality, application and basic fucking professionalism.

I'd have thought they would be amongst the most important traits in a player but what the fuck do I know...
These are all subjective not objective. It's hard, if not impossible, to scout these things, you've got to rely on reputation, and reports from those who have worked directly with the individual.

I'm not saying we've done a good job in that aspect, just that they aren't things that stand out on film or when scouting in person and watching a game.

These are all subjective not objective. It's hard, if not impossible, to scout these things, you've got to rely on reputation, and reports from those who have worked directly with the individual.

I'm not saying we've done a good job in that aspect, just that they aren't things that stand out on film or when scouting in person and watching a game.
I don't know. I'm pretty sure asking "are you a cunt?" whilst strapping potential signings into a lie detector should now be one of the first things we do.

Think people are a bit silly about punts. We have to take risks on young talent. Ability has to line up with maturity and focus but the rewards are too big not to run the risk. People are not a Science.
Yep

The value on VDV and Udog more than offsets a fuck up like Spence. Just move him on, free transfer, 2M whatever see ya be gone

Yep

The value on VDV and Udog more than offsets a fuck up like Spence. Just move him on, free transfer, 2M whatever see ya be gone
The value doesn't show up on the books until and unless you sell VDV and Udogie, and clearly we aren't doing either, so it's still going to be a loss on paper that they have to account for.

Hard to know everything that's really going on behind the scenes that could be affecting someone like Djed, but feck me the opportunity these young chaps have is enormous and such a huge shame when they don't seemingly have the wits about them to make the absolute most of this situation there in for the next 5-10 years of their lives!

Hard to know everything that's really going on behind the scenes that could be affecting someone like Djed, but feck me the opportunity these young chaps have is enormous and such a huge shame when they don't seemingly have the wits about them to make the absolute most of this situation there in for the next 5-10 years of their lives!
Warnocks comments are the most telling for me. Could be at a top club or could be non league.
Has acres of talent but hasnt got tge application

Back
Top Bottom